Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Man, I was quite disappointed when I woke up this morning and look at my N900. I clean it with micro-fibre cloth and found a few marks on it very light scratches about 3.

Does anyone have scratche(s) on their N900 already? Without screen protector that is. I'm on the other hand still waiting for ClearProtector screen protector. But this really upsetting me that the coating on the N900 really is terribly thin and even just wiping it can scratch it.

Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
Man, I was quite disappointed when I woke up this morning and look at my N900. I clean it with micro-fibre cloth and found a few marks on it very light scratches about 3.

Does anyone have scratche(s) on their N900 already? Without screen protector that is. I'm on the other hand still waiting for ClearProtector screen protector. But this really upsetting me that the coating on the N900 really is terribly thin and even just wiping it can scratch it.
first thing I did was put a protector on mine - I imagine without it I would have a few scratches - very hard to avoid a couple of small ones.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Yea I can't find any protector in NZ though. I've ordered one from clearprotector 11days ago. But still waiting and hope it get here very soon. NOKIA should have thought about it and given us a standard screen protector out of the box.

Posts: 237 | Thanked: 157 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ San Diego, CA
Not yet, but have had a few scares, luckily they were just debris that came off with a little cleaning.

No screen protector (have never liked the feel of them), but I do carry my n900 in a felt lined leather belt holster.

put on a zagg as soon as I got my n900. Scratches are guaranteed if u do not use a protector.

I gut my screen protector and case for n900 way before my phone.
Now ordered zagg cant wait for it.
This video was posted somewhere here but for those who did not see it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tgNdRm-iJs

Posts: 562 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Daly City
same here... put SP when it arrived... actually i already got scratches on the protector... going to change it....

yeah the screen resistance is quite bad comparing to the N97.
It can easily scratch from the micro-fibre cleaning.

I'm going to take good care of it from now on and wait until my screenprotector is here. Then I'll put it on right away.

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Atlanta
dropped my n900 at starbucks, it landed on its side but there is only one scratch to the metal frame. its not that bad

oh no scratch on the screen yet

arhhh so I guess I am the less fortunate one. Lol. Woke up and clean my N900 then OMFG.... 2 light scratches ... then look closely OMFFFFG another 1. Now I'm covering it with the Micro fibre cloth.