Posts: 29 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on May 2014 @ Poland
Screen on my n9 started malfunctioning recently. Grey stripes began showing and then half of the screen went unresponsive fading slowly to very bright. I guess the screen needs replacing.

Anyone changed screen in their n9's? Whats the cost of getting a decent quality (i guess its not possible to get original) AMOLED one?
Anyone tried those from ebay ranging from 17 to 35 dollars?

Appreciate any information.

Getting to be a bit of a lottery with quality now unfortunately and will probably have to transfer existing proximity sensor from old one with care, together with that little black plastic cross on back bottom right corner of screen. Have had a couple of bad ones over the last year so would hate to endorse particular supplier.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aspergerguy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 29 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on May 2014 @ Poland
Are they LCDs or AMOLEDs on ebay?

The Following User Says Thank You to frtachi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 649 | Thanked: 762 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
I have purchased from these guys a lot. Always high quality originals. Never purchased a screen, though.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imaginaryenemy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by imaginaryenemy View Post
I have purchased from these guys a lot. Always high quality originals. Never purchased a screen, though.
I've ordered screens from that same seller on three different occasions, and I've gotta say it's a bit hit-or-miss. The first time the screen didn't sit flush in the phone body, the second time it was good, and the third time it was nonfunctional on arrival. So caveat emptor.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Janitor X For This Useful Post: