Posts: 286 | Thanked: 615 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Estonia
So tested the latest build from March 1st (nemo-handset-armv7hl-n900-0.20120209.1.NEMO.2012-03-01.2). In comparison to CE builds the look and feel are more uniform and the selection of apps is more natural. Unfortunately the e-mail app is still missing.

On the negative side - there are for now no other virtual keyboard layouts except english. No way to insert letters like öäü etc with it. Fortunately by editing the X.org config file I was able to get german hardware keyboard layout working.

Sometimes it is impossible to answer a call. The display lights up, but no ringtone plays and no dialer application appears.

Keep up good work Thanks!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to acrux For This Useful Post:
Someone try the latest build?

Posts: 286 | Thanked: 615 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by PartyboyXP View Post
Someone try the latest build?
The build from March 1st is the latest. No new build this week.

The Following User Says Thank You to acrux For This Useful Post:
Posts: 103 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Fortaleza @ Brazil
Well, i already saw the video showing a new release of Nemo and i was very happy because this new system can be a good option to keep the N900 live with a new operating system

But if everybody says that the Maemo 5 have few amount of softwares, this Nemo will have less than five interesting applications. But for me, don't matter that we have million of apps but common smartphone apps (or tasks) are needed for me.

It's possible to run Hartmann Apps on Nemo? And it's possible to dual-boot this system with original Maemo?

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Originally Posted by guisoliver View Post
Well, i already saw the video showing a new release of Nemo and i was very happy because this new system can be a good option to keep the N900 live with a new operating system

But if everybody says that the Maemo 5 have few amount of softwares, this Nemo will have less than five interesting applications. But for me, don't matter that we have million of apps but common smartphone apps (or tasks) are needed for me.

It's possible to run Hartmann Apps on Nemo? And it's possible to dual-boot this system with original Maemo?
Yes, it's possible. However it's not error prone and not all applications work. There isn't any Wiki or list of working applications.

Indeed Nemo is progressing nicely but more applications are needed to be useful.

I played around a bit with Nemo in Virtualbox. Unfortunately, the performance while being on desktop and menu is horrible. Are there any performance tweaks apart from hardware virtualization (VT)? What about "LLVMpipe"? I found no explanation how to use that...

Fun fact: the performance while being in the App Manager is fantastic

Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
i will try it now. btw my sd card speed while connected to usb is 8 mb/s. does this will effect nemo's performance ? thanks and from where i can find apps for Nemo.

The Following User Says Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
Posts: 106 | Thanked: 136 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Switzerland
My N900 is configured with multiboot and kernel power...

I am looking for a multiboot item to boot the Nemo image I have copied on my sd card but found nothing yet.

Thank you for your help.

Posts: 101 | Thanked: 149 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ United Arab Emirates
New weekly image available at http://repository.maemo.org/meego/Ne...-armv7hl-n900/ also for N950, N9, Virtual Machine and PandaBoard

Last edited by ayazpak; 2012-03-20 at 09:04.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ayazpak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Is actually working any one in porting Nemo to different devices than already supported?

The Following User Says Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post: