Active Topics

Hi

I am currently with vodafone on a monthly, very basic contract. As I want the N900 I am considering porting out to three and then back again to get a new contract deal.

BUT mobile phoens direct are doing vodafone upgrades but they wont give info over the phone. So before I make the trek into store I was wondering if anyone has done a vodafone upgrade instore with them to get the N900. If so, what sort of cost and deals were offered?

Scott

Last edited by slewis1972; 2009-12-04 at 16:17.

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ South-West UK
I was in the same situation as you mate. I couldn't get any prices over the phone or webchat, however the MPD run Nokia stores quoted me at around £130 for an upgrade on a £35pm, 18month contract, oh and at least a weeks-10 days wait. Expect maybe £30 cheaper online, at a guess?

I gave up with MPD after 3 weeks of getting messed around after giving them my number and being told I was on a "reserver" list with the web orders, and they'd call me when they got stock...they then bumped me to the back of the queue and said they'd call after all the web orders - even the ones placed after I "reserved" mine - were fulfilled.

Today I ordered from Nokia flagship Regent St who said they had stock, could ship today and offered me an upgrade on the same tariff for £90 up front- all done over the phone and posted out.

I hope that helps.

Thanks for that. I'll call them tomorrow. I dont really want to pay more than £30 a month inc web for contract but I'll see.

Scott