Active Topics

Originally Posted by buchanmilne View Post
With two different Micro SD cards, I get the following error when booting nemo:

Code:
twl4030_wdt twl_4030_wdt: Failed to register misc device
Power Management for TI OMAP3.
drivers/rtc/hctosys.c: unable to open rtc device (rtc0)
mmc0: error -110 whilst initialising the SD card
Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(179,1)
And when I boot back into Maemo, the time has been reset :-(.

I have in the past booted Meego images with the same cards on the same device, with no problems.

I validated the md5 sum.

On inserting the SD card into a machine running linux, the filesystems on the card automount without problems, and the contents looks valid.
I was having the same problem the cause was my MicroSd adapter is not working properly, what i did was put my micro sd on my n900 connected via usb on Mass Storage mode then write the image on the memory card.
I did all via windows 7 and was pretty strait forward

Posts: 101 | Thanked: 149 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ United Arab Emirates
New weekly nemo mobile release is available for N900, N950 & x86 with some bug fixes, mobile browser heliumreborn http://repository.maemo.org/meego/Ne...2-02.1/images/

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ayazpak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 323 | Thanked: 180 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Gent, Belgium
Originally Posted by B-RUNO View Post
I was having the same problem the cause was my MicroSd adapter is not working properly, what i did was put my micro sd on my n900 connected via usb on Mass Storage mode then write the image on the memory card.
I did all via windows 7 and was pretty strait forward
Lots of people are having the same issue now when using the latest Pali u-boot mechanism. I just tried your 'alternative' image transfer method (with todays image) and unfortunately it gives me exactly the same result : thousands of mmcblk1 -110 errors.

So I don't think this is a solution for everyone. Would be strange anyway to have so many people with bad SD card readers.

Feel free to look also in the latest u-boot thread, as of page 10 we're trying to find out who/what is impacted and what might be the solution. http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=81613&page=10

Latest thinking is some missing/not-reverted patches in the Nemo N900 Adaptation kernel. I've raised a bug for this on the Nemo Bugzilla. To be continued.

The Following User Says Thank You to Netweaver For This Useful Post:
Posts: 236 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Ecuador
One question I have on my microsd easy debian image, there is no inconvenience in having the 2 images to run the os, it is posible? And works with kp49 and cssu??

Some thread how to install and run the operating system from the microsd, or do it from the mmc (32GB) without any problems for maemo 5.

Last edited by D@vIcHoJD; 2012-02-02 at 23:45.

Can someone upload a vid to youtube with the latest release?
I am very curious about it's current state

Posts: 236 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Ecuador
Originally Posted by D@vIcHoJD View Post
One question I have on my microsd easy debian image, there is no inconvenience in having the 2 images to run the os, it is posible? And works with kp49 and cssu??

Some thread how to install and run the operating system from the microsd, or do it from the mmc (32GB) without any problems for maemo 5.
Someone can confirm this please

Can anyone tell me is there a file-manager in the latest build... or how can I download one? or is it available?

p.s. Filebox for n9 doesnt work.

Originally Posted by ironm8 View Post
Can someone upload a vid to youtube with the latest release?
I am very curious about it's current state
me 2

10chars

Posts: 81 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Ahmedabad,India
i tried to install NEMO on my mmc with following all instructions on NEMO wiki and the data gets copied easyly on my UBUNTU11.10 but after that every time my mmc gets currupted error and i m not able to use NEMO plzzzz some one give me a good solution to this problem...

thanxxxxxxxx in advance...

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 180 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Gent, Belgium
can u give details on the exact error messages and the brand/size/class of the card ?
There is investigation going on in the root cause.
But most (if not all) of these issues are with the Pali version of uboot. Not with the 'official' uboot+pr13 version from the repos and not with some older, much more limited versions.
It's a Nemo kernel issue combined with (probably) slightly higher access/init timings in some newer class 6 and class 10 cards.

Also you say the card is corrupted after trying to boot with it again. What is 'corrupt' to you ?