Don't confuse "idiot proof" with "have your cake and eat it too." The Lumia 800 and the n9 look almost indistinguishable, but one's a phone and the other is a computer with phone capabilities, respectively.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by switch-hitter View Post
During the time Elop has been totally wrecking NOKIA's handset business Ranjeev Suri has taken NSN from problem child to profitability. He should be in with a shout.
I was also thinking of the same thing. He also gave the best and sharpest presentation of his business line in the stockholders meeting.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
I was also thinking of the same thing. He also gave the best and sharpest presentation of his business line in the stockholders meeting.
This kind of Nokia leadership needs to be up front and center so their stock price(s) will gradually get to where it should be.

Care to do the same?

I thought I just did, see above.

That's your understanding of that phrase ...

Perhaps you are challenged by two words?

Care to answer why many more chose otherwise?

er ... because they want to?

Thinking that your way is the only way ...

I am not sure I stated anything of the sort ... but you have missunderstood me on this point before.

rgds

Originally Posted by uTMY View Post
Care to do the same?
Honestly, I don't think we were in the same league of clarity.

That's your understanding of that phrase.
And you have yours.

Perhaps you are challenged by two words?
Apparently you're offended by those two words whereas I'm not. Again, we differ. Nothing more needs to be said than just that.

Care to answer why many more chose otherwise?

er ... because they want to?
Good try. I'll talk with others that can be more specific.

Thanks for the conversation. It was... enlightening.

Originally Posted by switch-hitter View Post
99.9% of idiots agree.
What do you use on a daily basis?

Originally Posted by daperl View Post
Don't confuse "idiot proof" with "have your cake and eat it too." The Lumia 800 and the n9 look almost indistinguishable, but one's a phone and the other is a computer with phone capabilities, respectively.
So is iphone. Much better computer than N9. Actually N9 was a special child, with special needs, all pretty but nowhere to go.

Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
So is iphone. Much better computer than N9.
erm... no. Hell no.

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
For the record, I don't have any negative associations with the phrase "idiot proof" either. It means, "designed in such a way that a clueless user can't break it". Note this is not the same as, "designed for clueless users".

On phone vs. computer. I was forced to use a spare Android phone for two weeks while I was dealing with certain issues on my N900. Both devices have a hardware keyboard and the same screen size and resolution, yet the difference was quite striking. The N900 is clearly a computer with a by-the-way phone functionality while Android is clearly a phone that by the way can also run "apps".

So is iphone. Much better computer than N9.
Ha ha ha ha

There's that humour again.

What do you use on a daily basis?
Android of course. If you really want a smartphone you currently have to choose between Android and BB10. I might treat myself to a Z10 too now the price has crashed (now < £180 from Amazon UK!).

I've also been toying with the idea of getting a Nexus 4 so I can put MultiROM on it and have one phone with Android, Ubuntu Touch and Firefox OS on it. Anyone tried that?

@gerbick
Do you know if the Z10 offers the ability to directly run QML scripts using QML Scene?

Tags
bring me beer, downward spiral, elop is nero, let's talk bs, lumiadickweed, lumiatard, nero fiddling, nokia bears, nokiastockrock, thanks for asha