Hi guys!
I know, thatīs a frequently asked theme, but i canīt find solution...

I just bought used N900 (just for fun and little bit nostalgia :-) ), but when i connect it with usb cable to PC, start PC Suite and check "PC Suite mode" on the phone, PC suite says "phone is in incompatible mode" (or something similar, i dont have it in english) and if i try flash it through NSU, it is trying to find the phone, but with no luck. I tried all of my USB ports, reboot couple of times and permanently disable driver checking, coz i have W7 64-bit.

so i decided to flash it through flasher, but when i connect it (U-letter+cable), write the command, it still says: "Suitable device not found, waiting."

And i even cant do soft-reset, because i dont know the security code (IMO it is default, but i dont know numbers...)

Oh, and other weird thing, it found all WLAN around, but NOT that mine... and i am connected with another devices on it.

Can anyone help pls?

Last edited by lordx; 2012-12-27 at 19:29.

I personally have encountered this issue like a 100 times *just joking*.Basically caused when your device drivers are not properly installed on your pc/desktop 'n900 connected in an incompatible mode error' occurs.

work around
*Remove nokia pc suite or ovi suite
*Reinstall nokia pc suite or ovi suite
*plug your device and let the device drivers be installed properly (when installed;a message notification indicating that drivers is installed and device ready to use will pop up on your task bar)

POINT TO NOTE: Do not remove/turn off your device after fresh reinstallation of above mentioned softwares esp when plugging in your device for the first time to avoid similar error reappearing again.

As regards to NSU,follow my short guide first and NSU when launched will definitely detect your device.

Guess you should try reading the wiki on flashing in between lines again(a bit slow if you may?) :P

Try installing recoverlock(try searching the forum )which has dependency on John(install from extra-devel) launch through through terminal and enter:

code:
$ recoverlock

Your code should appear within few mins.

Really didn't understand your last question

But hope this helps

Last edited by deltafox; 2012-12-27 at 20:41. Reason: Typo errors

The Following User Says Thank You to deltafox For This Useful Post: