Active Topics

Hey guys, I have an N9 and also I'm just realising that I probably also have an OCD / Paranoia! :P Just wondering about peoples usb / sim tray on their N9s. It seems as though my usb door sits slightly lower than the sim tray, is this normal? the usb door is not perfectly level with the top of the phone, only minimally but it's annoying my poor little brain. Are they all like that? On the whole the build quality is ok but these two areas seem like they don't quite fit perfectly, and the buttons are a bit loose. Don't think it's anything to worry about but just wanted to see if i'm the only one. Also, I think I need a case but it seems stupid to have bought a white N9 and then hide it....

tear it off

The Following User Says Thank You to quipper8 For This Useful Post:
if anyone is actually interested, this is a photo of the usb door. It does look a bit 'dug' in, right? Normal?

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...14789656_n.jpg

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ New Zealand
Originally Posted by jakecarberry View Post
if anyone is actually interested, this is a photo of the usb door. It does look a bit 'dug' in, right? Normal?

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...14789656_n.jpg
At least yours is still intact... Rejoice while that lasts and just let go of the OCD ...mine became bent & failed despite very careful use - replaced free of charge, on the spot by Nokia Care however even though i had not purchased it locally.

That usb cover it's a little piece of cra* , it's base is a metallic material that bends with small effort but you can bend it in the opposite direction genlty . I think I also have this OCD because everytime I see it bend inside I bend it back to look normal . I'm going to order 2-3 pieces when I'll see it on local services or NC's .

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I'm honestly surprised that nobody has come up with an alternate replacement USB door with a hole for the microUSB plug.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
That would be ideal tbh, I will just keep using it until the inevitable happens and it bends / my head explodes and then drive half an hour to get it replaced at my nearest Nokia Care point!

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
mine is bent downwards, it's recessed in the middle and level at the edges, which is worse. That was like that from the beginning. Then I dropped the phone and managed to grab it from the charging cable before it hit the ground but that bent the cover even more.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

I just bent min back and forth and broke it off just in front of the nub.

voila, no more fiddling with it and saves time plugging and unplugging.

stupid design

Posts: 245 | Thanked: 186 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Toronto-Canada
It's actually an innovative & smart design... the device looks so cool with the trap door/s hiding away all & sundry. I love it.

Uh yes, they r just fine on mine... a bit of [extra]caution while opening them doesn't trouble, does it? We definitely need to learn to care - the things we cherish!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qorax For This Useful Post: