For tutorials:

apt-get --purge remove osso-tutorial-l10n*

You will get rid of all games and tutorials quite fast man. Tested
Well that was new to me Thanks maan!

Posts: 53 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Lithuania
But still, there is User Guide and Store

Posts: 198 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Louth / Ireland
Delete the rest of it in directory: user/share/applications/hildon

So they wont came up when You gonna chose the shortcuts - editing the screen.

Originally Posted by roflmaoo View Post
Yeah, Mahjong And RSS is missing.. Would be great to remove Sketch, i don't use him at all, and PDF reader
Removing stock RSS reader could harm in some manner the microb "Add feed" action? Is there a way to open some other RSS reader (FeedingIt) from microb "add feed"?

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Thanks for the info, guys and gals.

Using the suggestions present herein, I have removed the tutorials, sketcher and most games. It did not save me as much space as I had anticipated and, to my dismay, Faster Application Manager no longer works. It says unspecified error, check the log. The log besically complains that the packages that I have just removed were all dependancies and that I should run apt-get update to resolve the conflicts. Running apt-get update results in exactly the same output, ending with "run apt-get update to resolve". (Hmm, recusrion, anyone? )

The default Application Manager still works, as does apt-get for specific packages. Looking at AppMan log, it seems to have the same problems as FAppMan, only it treats them as warning, not errors.

Any ideas of how to bring FAppMan back to life without having to reinstall the bloatware? (Running apt-get install fremantle offers to pull the deleted packages back. I just have not said yes to it yet.)

Posts: 198 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Louth / Ireland
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Thanks for the info, guys and gals.

Using the suggestions present herein, I have removed the tutorials, sketcher and most games. It did not save me as much space as I had anticipated and, to my dismay, Faster Application Manager no longer works. It says unspecified error, check the log. The log besically complains that the packages that I have just removed were all dependancies and that I should run apt-get update to resolve the conflicts. Running apt-get update results in exactly the same output, ending with "run apt-get update to resolve". (Hmm, recusrion, anyone? )

The default Application Manager still works, as does apt-get for specific packages. Looking at AppMan log, it seems to have the same problems as FAppMan, only it treats them as warning, not errors.

Any ideas of how to bring FAppMan back to life without having to reinstall the bloatware? (Running apt-get install fremantle offers to pull the deleted packages back. I just have not said yes to it yet.)
apt-get install --reinstall (name of the package)
Try to run this command in X-Term, with the right name for FAM.

It might help if You by accident removed something which You shouldn't, and FAM depends on it. In my case it's all good after removing all games, tutorials, some of installers, and good few files afterwards (like game sounds, editing .conf files that included games).

Err, sorry but I know how to reinstall a package It was more a question of how to persuade FAM that all is OK without reinstalling anything. Never mind, I upgraded to CSSU and that fixed it.

A question. Can I remove stock apps for which better alternatives exist? File Manager and HAM come to mind. I know that they are both integrated in some way or another, but perhaps this can be changed...

Failing that, can FAM be persuaded to use the same repositories as HAM? So that I do not need to update both every time.

Last edited by pichlo; 2012-10-10 at 09:17. Reason: Missed "not". Doh!

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
For the latter question - no, until you use (write) some clever scripting.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Rather than starting a new thread, I'd like to ask another question.

Is it possible to remove nokia-maps completely and cleanly? After removing it with FAM, it left a few files and folders behind, which I removed manually, but Address Book seems still integrated: the "address" field is a button that tries to open Maps when clicked. Can I get rid of that?

If not, then I'd rather put Maps back than have a half-broken phone