Well, I've searched but haven't found an answer yet. Gonna continue to search but basically I have my mfe account configured with Google for calendar, contacts, and mail syncing. Everything has been great since day one (on PR 1.1) but just recently it refuses to sync. It always shows up as a failed transfer. I've tried to manually sync it, reboot (a few times), and confirm the password is correct but it still refuses to work.

Any idea of what it could be? If I have to delete the acct and start all over, that's ok but I wanna make sure before I go to all that hassle. If I delete it and can't get it back still, I won't have my contacts.

Posts: 184 | Thanked: 327 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Nizhny Novgorod
Hi all, mapping for folders is finally ready to use in MeMailSettings .

Originally Posted by rabilon View Post
When I send e-mail using the smtp server, the e-mail shows up in the "Sent" folder on the server but it never is actually sent out. The message is repeatedly sent from the phone so that eventually all the space on the server is used up. The smtp account uses TLS.
Can you check messageserver's logs? What error returned to the device from server during sending?

Originally Posted by nsn View Post
Hi all,

New N9 owner here and having issues with MFE sync. Basically what I get is "Mandatory Mail for Exchange server policy failed. Access refused".

I turned logging on and what I see there is this part:
Code:
[3629] Feb 10 15:27:25 [Debug] General :  ProvisionableImpl: applying new policies from account 2 
[3629] Feb 10 15:27:25 [Debug] General :  Unsupported security setting from the server: !aPolicies.allowDesktopSync 
[3629] Feb 10 15:27:25 [Debug] General :  Unsupported security setting from the server: !aPolicies.allowRemoteDesktop 
[3629] Feb 10 15:27:25 [Debug] General :  mUnsupportedRequested = true 
[3629] Feb 10 15:27:25 [Debug] General :  SettingsUpdateThread started
it seems to go well up to point where it asks the lock code, which needs to be numbers & at least one letter.

Full log attached(privacy things removed).

-nsn
Well, in your case there is nothing unsupported in lock code policies, the problem is that device can't block sync with desktops or remote access to the device and the server doesn't accept partial policies support.

Originally Posted by cincibluer6 View Post
Well, I've searched but haven't found an answer yet. Gonna continue to search but basically I have my mfe account configured with Google for calendar, contacts, and mail syncing. Everything has been great since day one (on PR 1.1) but just recently it refuses to sync. It always shows up as a failed transfer. I've tried to manually sync it, reboot (a few times), and confirm the password is correct but it still refuses to work.

Any idea of what it could be? If I have to delete the acct and start all over, that's ok but I wanna make sure before I go to all that hassle. If I delete it and can't get it back still, I won't have my contacts.
Have you checked the logs? What error do you have?

Don't know how to sync your Hotmail account as an Exchange account with your Nokia N9? Use MeMailSettings! For help you can check out MeMailSetting's support page.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sergey_Kashin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Sergey_Kashin View Post
Well, in your case there is nothing unsupported in lock code policies, the problem is that device can't block sync with desktops or remote access to the device and the server doesn't accept partial policies support.
Thanks for the quick reply! So basically is there anything that can be done to make it work? (Except change servers config, not going to happen here.. ).

Thanks Sergey. I always forget about that freaking wiki when I have a problem.
Will report back with the error in the logs.

How can I get mails older than 2 weeks? ??? I have some mails for reference to something.

Hello,

Please excuse me for the English, and if something is not clear, I use google translate. The tread is much too long, I can not read with translators. When a problem has been solved, please link directly, then I'll translate it.

I have some problems with the email client.

1. IMAP IDLE working on my N9 unreliable. After Restarting the phone, the emails arrive. But only for a short time. After that, it takes half an hour or even longer. I have tested it with two IMAP servers. With Courier and Dovecot.

The setting is, of course: Always up-to-date
If I get any emails long, the next one comes only with late delivery. usually after 15-45 minutes. My wife has an android, she gets the same settings immediately with any covers EVER. So the server to work with safety.

I turned on the log-mode for several hours, and I have the logfiles (messageserver.log (12MB) and fenix.log (1MB)), but say nothing to me, unfortunately.

2. If I answer an email, the answer is in the email quoted, and I find no possibility to delete this part. responding to the several email is very long. is it possible to disable somewhere?

Many thanks for your patience in advance.

Originally Posted by nsn View Post
Thanks for the quick reply! So basically is there anything that can be done to make it work? (Except change servers config, not going to happen here.. ).
If you can't use your account without provisioning then unfortuantely nothing can be done here without changes in the server's policies (at least it should except the device that partially supports requested policies).

Originally Posted by Nabs View Post
How can I get mails older than 2 weeks? ??? I have some mails for reference to something.
For MfE it's can be done with my small application Officialy - no way to do it (at least atm).

Originally Posted by salaj View Post
Hello,

Please excuse me for the English, and if something is not clear, I use google translate. The tread is much too long, I can not read with translators. When a problem has been solved, please link directly, then I'll translate it.

I have some problems with the email client.

1. IMAP IDLE working on my N9 unreliable. After Restarting the phone, the emails arrive. But only for a short time. After that, it takes half an hour or even longer. I have tested it with two IMAP servers. With Courier and Dovecot.

The setting is, of course: Always up-to-date
If I get any emails long, the next one comes only with late delivery. usually after 15-45 minutes. My wife has an android, she gets the same settings immediately with any covers EVER. So the server to work with safety.

I turned on the log-mode for several hours, and I have the logfiles (messageserver.log (12MB) and fenix.log (1MB)), but say nothing to me, unfortunately.
Can you check the logs, perhaps you got some kind of a error in your IDLE connection (just search "IDLE" word in the logs). In case of any error with that connection account's sync scheduling might be moved to 15 mins interval until first successful sync.

Originally Posted by salaj View Post
2. If I answer an email, the answer is in the email quoted, and I find no possibility to delete this part. responding to the several email is very long. is it possible to disable somewhere?
hmm, never thought about such setting. There is no way to disable it. Maybe later(in the SW updates) you will at least get a workaround to remove previous messages from the reply body.

Don't know how to sync your Hotmail account as an Exchange account with your Nokia N9? Use MeMailSettings! For help you can check out MeMailSetting's support page.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sergey_Kashin For This Useful Post:
Hi all,

My work have just updated there exhcange server form 2003 to 2010 and applied device policy, now my N9 wont sync I get following error message:

"Mandatory Mail for Exchange server policy failed. Access refused".

I thought N9 supported being a provisionable device and encryption?

But I found this in the log file
Code:
[1707] Feb 15 11:39:04 [Debug] AS_LIB :  Provision: applying the new policies... 
[1707] Feb 15 11:39:04 [Debug] General :  ProvisionableImpl: applying new policies from account 9 
[1707] Feb 15 11:39:04 [Debug] General :  Unsupported security setting from the server: aPolicies.requireStorageCardEncryption 
[1707] Feb 15 11:39:04 [Debug] General :  Unsupported security setting from the server: aPolicies.requireDeviceEncryption
Any ideas?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I finally got Mfe to work on my white NOKIA N9. Initially it would ask me for a security code and required me to put one character and numbers, and after setting the security code it would give me an error and never synced. I was told its because my company requires all numbers security code for non-blackberry devices. Mfe is 2010. I bought Lumia 800 and told my IT that I have windows phone. They did something on the server side and now it works on Lumia 800 and N9!!!.

I still dont understand how iphone does it so well with corporate email. never had problem with that device.

Originally Posted by nbedford View Post
Hi all,

My work have just updated there exhcange server form 2003 to 2010 and applied device policy, now my N9 wont sync I get following error message:

"Mandatory Mail for Exchange server policy failed. Access refused".

I thought N9 supported being a provisionable device and encryption?

But I found this in the log file
Code:
[1707] Feb 15 11:39:04 [Debug] AS_LIB :  Provision: applying the new policies... 
[1707] Feb 15 11:39:04 [Debug] General :  ProvisionableImpl: applying new policies from account 9 
[1707] Feb 15 11:39:04 [Debug] General :  Unsupported security setting from the server: aPolicies.requireStorageCardEncryption 
[1707] Feb 15 11:39:04 [Debug] General :  Unsupported security setting from the server: aPolicies.requireDeviceEncryption
Any ideas?
The problem is in the provisioning policies. Not all of them are supported by N9 and unfortunately your server is not accepting partial support. I'm not sure what do those policies means (there implementation is not my part of work ), but it seems that they got quite logical names "requireStorageCardEncryption" and "requireDeviceEncryption". The only thing that can be done here is changing the server settings (or try to use your device as "non-provisionable" device, but I don't think that your server will allow you to do it). I will ask collegues about that policy.

Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
I finally got Mfe to work on my white NOKIA N9. Initially it would ask me for a security code and required me to put one character and numbers, and after setting the security code it would give me an error and never synced. I was told its because my company requires all numbers security code for non-blackberry devices. Mfe is 2010. I bought Lumia 800 and told my IT that I have windows phone. They did something on the server side and now it works on Lumia 800 and N9!!!.

I still dont understand how iphone does it so well with corporate email. never had problem with that device.
Looks like some unsupported security policies were changed on the server

P.S.
About iPhone... [JOKE]The stupidiest idea is that it accepts all policies even if some of them are not supported by the phone :-D [/JOKE] Or an oposite option is that iPhone supports all security policies.

Last edited by Sergey_Kashin; 2012-02-15 at 14:46.

Tags
attachments, email, issues, mail exchange, nokia n9, nokia n950