I'm getting this error when I try to update apps using fapman.

Errors were encountered while processing:
qtmeye
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

I just updated to 1.3 OTA, and was then prompted by fapme to do two big installs, one which I can't remember, the second aptget -install, which was a huge, lengthy process.

But now, when I try toupdate anyapp,I get the above error.

I do have the "eye4" app installed, which lists its name as "qtmeye" on its resource page; as well, I can'tfind that app in the uninstall manager.

Can anyone help me out here? I'm stumped, and I can't find anything about this in searches, except one thread here
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ghlight=qtmeye
which seems to be about somthing else entirely.

Thanks

Ed. I really need some help with this, it's turning up all over the place, I can't install or uninstall either, it seems. I'll post the verbose message I received on a typical uninstall.

Code:
--- 2010-11-03 20:40:12 ---
Start reading package lists
--- 2010-11-03 20:40:14 ---
Finished reading package lists
Start fetching package dates
No need to fetch dates
--- 2010-11-03 20:40:50 ---
/usr/bin/apt-get -qsy --allow-unauthenticated -o Dir::Etc::sourcelist=/opt/fapman-cache/sources.list -o Dir::State::lists=/opt/fapman-cache/lists -o Dir::Etc::sourceparts="" --auto-remove install crazychickens-
--- 2010-11-03 20:41:17 ---
Output from last process:
---
Reading package lists...
Building dependency tree...
Reading state information...
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  crazychickens
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 to remove and 18 not upgraded.
1 not fully installed or removed.
Remv crazychickens [0.1-7]
Conf qtmeye (0.1 Extras-devel:2.0/fremantle)

--- 2010-11-03 20:41:21 ---
/usr/bin/apt-get -qy --allow-unauthenticated -o DPkg::options::=--force-confnew -o Dir::Etc::sourcelist=/opt/fapman-cache/sources.list -o Dir::State::lists=/opt/fapman-cache/lists -o Dir::Etc::sourceparts="" --auto-remove install crazychickens-
Reading package lists...
Building dependency tree...
Reading state information...
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  crazychickens
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 to remove and 18 not upgraded.
1 not fully installed or removed.
After this operation, 582kB disk space will be freed.
(Reading database ... 46809 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing crazychickens ...
Processing triggers for catorise ...
##################################################################################################################Setting up qtmeye (0.1) ...
/bin/sh: illegal option -
dpkg: error processing qtmeye (--configure):
 subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 2
 qtmeye
Thanks again to any experienced user who can help me sort this out.

Last edited by oldpmaguy; 2010-11-04 at 00:49.

The Following User Says Thank You to oldpmaguy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by oldpmaguy View Post
I'm getting this error when I try to update apps using fapman.

qtmeye

I just updated to 1.3 OTA, and was then prompted by fapme to do two big installs, one which I can't remember, the second aptget -install, which was a huge, lengthy process.

But now, when I try toupdate anyapp,I get the above error.

I do have the "eye4" app installed, which lists its name as "qtmeye" on its resource page; as well, I can'tfind that app in the uninstall manager.

Can anyone help me out here? I'm stumped, and I can't find anything about this in searches, except one thread here
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ghlight=qtmeye
which seems to be about something else entirely.

Thanks
I have eye4 installed, and I don't have this error.
I can see it in Hildon App Manager->Uninstall and in Faster Application Manager->Remove applications.
What do you get after typing:
dpkg -L eye4
dpkg-query -s eye4
or
dpkg -L qtmeye
dpkg-query -s qtmeye
I have similar error (1 not fully installed or removed.) with ModRana.

Does the application work after the update? For me it works without problems.

Originally Posted by Wikiwide View Post
I have eye4 installed, and I don't have this error.
I can see it in Hildon App Manager->Uninstall and in Faster Application Manager->Remove applications.
What do you get after typing:
dpkg -L eye4
dpkg-query -s eye4
or
dpkg -L qtmeye
dpkg-query -s qtmeye
I have similar error (1 not fully installed or removed.) with ModRana.

Does the application work after the update? For me it works without problems.
Thanks for the assistance.

The "eye4" query comes up empty, but the "qtmeye" query says "install ok half-configured"....

I updated repositories and searched for the eye4 app, it shows there is a 0.2 version available. So I tried to download it, and I got an error which essentially says
"error processing, trying to overwrite font Dejavusans, which is also in package qtmeye"

I could give you the verbose if you like. Tell me, is there a way to manually uninstall an app?

Ed. Also, the app does seem to work normally.

Last edited by oldpmaguy; 2010-11-04 at 17:26.

Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Thanks for the assistance.

The "eye4" query comes up empty, but the "qtmeye" query says "install ok half-configured"....

I updated repositories and searched for the eye4 app, it shows there is a 0.2 version available. So I tried to download it, and I got an error which essentially says
"error processing, trying to overwrite font Dejavusans, which is also in package qtmeye"

I could give you the verbose if you like. Tell me, is there a way to manually uninstall an app?

Ed. Also, the app does seem to work normally.
As root
apt-get purge qtmeye
apt-get install eye4

If it still gives the same error about font, delete the font Dejavusans manually from folder /home/user/.fonts

The Following User Says Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Well, I filed a bug report on the eye4 page.

Within 12 hours, there was an odd-looking update in App Maganer, one I've never seen before, that looked just like a folder, specifically for the eye4 app. After installing it, I stopped getting error messages , and was able to cleanly uninstall eye4 using App Maganger.

So not sure if the app author fixed something, but the problem is resolved, so it seems. Thanks again for the support, it seems like there used to be a lot more people with the knowledge and willingness to help around here. It's nice to see that a little of that still goes on!

Well, I filed a bug report on the eye4 page.

Within 12 hours, there was an odd-looking update in App Maganer, one I've never seen before, that looked just like a folder, specifically for the eye4 app. After installing it, I stopped getting error messages , and was able to cleanly uninstall eye4 using App Maganger.

So not sure if the app author fixed something, but the problem is resolved, so it seems. Thanks again for the support, it seems like there used to be a lot more people with the knowledge and willingness to help around here. It's nice to see that a little of that still goes on!
Fine, eye4 works after updating. Please do not use qtmeye, it is same program, but out of date and not supported.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gryllida For This Useful Post:
Within 12 hours, there was an odd-looking update in App Maganer, one I've never seen before, that looked just like a folder, specifically for the ... app.
When Hildon App Manager was so kind and checked for updates and found update for ModRana, it also looked just like a folder, specifically for ModRana.

As I rarely use Hildon App Manager, I have never seen any otherwise looking update for an application.

So, the thread title can be changed to
qtmeye error? [fixed in eye4 update]

It wasn't necessary to uninstall the application after update. Though, of course, if you don't need it, feel free to remove it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:

Tags
eye4 update, qtmeye