We just got a Nintendo DSi in the family and I am blown away by this "game" made available by Korg.
http://www.korgds10synthesizer.com/

I can't believe the N900 is not capable of doing something like this. Does anything like it already exist,that I might have overlooked? Or if not, are there any plans to make something like it, that anyone out there might know of?

While I'm on the subject of the DSi, why aren't there more "dual-screen" apps for the N900 anyway? I mean, what with the N900's multiple-desktop ability, I would think that there could be apps that could implement a screen-switching ability, to greatly expand the useable space for any given app or game.

try sunvox,

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to porselinaheart For This Useful Post:
Posts: 565 | Thanked: 618 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
You should also try maesynth

The Following User Says Thank You to laasonen For This Useful Post:
Sunvox? I could find no app with that name. And yes, maesynth is cute, but... look at a video of the DS10 in action,it's really quite unbelievable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XK1K_jJ08Rc

There are dozens of videos like this one on youtube, see any of them for more examples, all quite different and original.

So again, is it a lack of hardware ability, or procesing power, or something else? Or just the maturity of the DS platform that can bring something like that to fruition?

I'm finding myself waiting for my son to put down his DS so I can have a go at it! It would be something to have a real synth suite like this available for the N900.

Posts: 511 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Trinidad and Tobago
Wow if I got this for my N900 and a tutorial I would use it to make my hobby more fun

I miss my N900
Hello DELL Venue Pro Mango
Listen to my music >>> www.reverbnation.com/rrule

TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

I'm not sure if sunvox is in the repos, but check out this thread (dl links at the bottom of the first page ). The GUI is not as pretty as the korg synth on the DS, but i'm willing to bet its more powerful,

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ghlight=sunvox

The Following User Says Thank You to porselinaheart For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
SunVox is your way to go. And not only is it a more general softsynth (like the very specific one you´re referring to as a softsynth (=emulator of an analog synth, in casu Korg), this one can handle a multitude of emulated synths, it also incorporates an old-school tracker in the style of Renoise, albeit less elaborated at that than Renoise is. But to be able to play around on your n900 has given me great joy.I am 99% it wil for you too if that Korg synth drew your attention.

Last edited by anthonie; 2010-12-29 at 08:00.

The Following User Says Thank You to anthonie For This Useful Post:
Well, well, good things come to those who ask! Sunvox does indeed seem like it will fit the bill precisely.

I'm setting it up as I type, but judging from the screenshots, it does seem as if it will be as powerful, if not moreso, than the Korg DS-10 Plus.

And there's a PC version that is reverse compatible with the Maemo version, including all saved data?! I am sold!! Thanks a bunch for the info, this looks to be exactly what I was looking for.