Originally Posted by Wizzup_ View Post
Yes, even on the -devel images currently since they don't install all the cellular packages at the moment. The only reason for the packages not being in the default images is because they're not stable (enough) yet.
Could it be good idea put some almost stable enough .deb-packages in boot image and beta users can install and test, if they want?

I think that connectivity and usb-port stuff is so important that even wrecking installation doesn't hurt so much than to try be without them.

I think that in the next few weeks we'll just move it all to stable after fixing the problems, so that would also solve the problem.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wizzup_ For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Wizzup_ View Post
8. Wait for the modem to go online, and then if you search for connections again, your data connection should be provisioned.
If I wait long time blinking round online-logo and nothing happens, is there any logs or something where to check why modem doesn't go online. I tested with both Droid4 and Pinephone last month images.

Has anybody else this kind of problem?

Has somebody working 2G or 3G mobile connection with last month or this month images with Leste?

Should Leste support 2.5G (EDGE 256 kbit/s) and 3.5G (HSDPA 14.0 Mbit/s) like Maemo 5 with N900?

Community Council | Posts: 680 | Thanked: 1,227 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mbabane
Yes, it does (since a long time ago too)

Is there way to force to 2G (Droid4) or 4G (Pinephone) for testing purposes? Because still I can not get connection with SIM-card that works fine at 2G or 4G LTE with JollaPhone (with Sailfish). Interesting think is that if I choose prefer 3G then Sailfish drops to 2G.

Last edited by teroyk; 2023-05-22 at 20:44.

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
you can select the technology with some of the scripts in ofono-scripts

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
you can select the technology with some of the scripts in ofono-scripts
Thanks for hint. I copied scripts from Debian. I tried get-operators to get path for device and then set-tech-preference, but how I should write tech-argument? I tried 2G.

There was interesting script monitor-ofono, I started that and then I try start connection with GUI, but monitor-ofono continue just showing signal strength like before starting connection.

It seems that there is enough scripts to make full connection test from start to end in command line, but needs more knowledge than I have. How should I make test?

Last edited by teroyk; 2023-05-23 at 11:22.

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by teroyk View Post
Thanks for hint. I copied scripts from Debian.
Copied from Debian? ofono-scripts package is in leste repos.

I tried get-operators to get path for device and then set-tech-preference, but how I should write tech-argument? I tried 2G.

There was interesting script monitor-ofono, I started that and then I try start connection with GUI, but monitor-ofono continue just showing signal strength like before starting connection.

It seems that there is enough scripts to make full connection test from start to end in command line, but needs more knowledge than I have. How should I make test?
https://github.com/maemo-leste-upstr...o/chimaera/doc

EDIT:
https://github.com/maemo-leste-upstr...k-api.txt#L116

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following User Says Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post: