To switch between available, open dashboard windows without leaving fullscreen mode? Any gestures or keyboard shortcus that can do this?

you mean Ctrl+Backspace?

I think this would be cool, also.

Originally Posted by Wichall View Post
you mean Ctrl+Backspace?
what he said or u can add a app which makes camera button (short press) show you all windows. shortcuds i think is the name

check out shortcutd. You can set the proximity sensor to show running windows or camera button etc.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
what you need need is a shortcut between desktops.

I saw "CTRL + Backspace" in the gestures Wiki and wondered about it, but I didn't know what "Task manager" was. (If Nokia wants to come up with a hip name like "Dashboard" then people should dang well use it consistently, or at least put some kind of disclaimer when using the more officious term - it's confusing to have two disparate names for the same thing.)

Anyway, yes, that's pretty much what I was after - an instant way to get to the dashboard - erm, task manager.

Actually what I was originally thinking of was rotating between all available screens while still in fullscreen mode, but doing it this way is the next best thing, and really isn't too bad. I tend to read several webpages at once, and I loathe the "back" button on any browser - everything is "open in new window", thank you very much (I wish that was a faster operation, too - click-hold for the popup menu works, but the delay is sometimes annoying, and somethimes the whole thing misfires anyway).

And yes, I went ahead and dl'd "ShortcutD", and it makes it the whole thing even better. That's because I'm pretty much a keyboard-closed kind of guy. So having that function available as an almost-gesture is very nice (button-press, you know, but it's as common as a gesture would be).

Thanks for the info, you all, it makes my N900 use even better still.

Ed. "a shortcut between desktops" I don't understand at all, however.

Last edited by oldpmaguy; 2010-02-25 at 02:41.