Only if you createvely redefine 'smartphone' to mean 'touchscreen monoblock device'.

Originally Posted by Peter@Maemo Marketing View Post
You are not alone, especially in this world of talk.maemo.org, but reality is that any sales statistics on smartphones tells you that monoblock device outsell by a huge margin any QWERTY devices. Just go into a shop a check out how many QWERTY smartphones you will find.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tkatchev For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Peter@Maemo Marketing View Post
Actually, the camera is the first 16:9 wide angle lens. You get more HD photos than with other Nokia smartphone.

And the processor... we need 60 FPS for transitions and 30 FPS for video, nothing else. The benefit with our CPU is that the battery gets you much further than any dual-core/LTE device. Not to mention that the radio performance beats essentially the whole competition out there.
They said that the applications would be one of the three most important things we use phones for. And I see no 30 fps on the maps for example. I have always put very little emphasis on the "menu experience". That has no importance for me. The menu experience is merely an incidental feature, not something I use phone for.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mobilesynthesist For This Useful Post:
And...I mean, I'm not trying to make a quarrel here. I actually want some of you experts talk me over this.

Why would I want Omap3? Is the battery life meaningfully longer now? I mean by several hours? Is it about 100$ cheaper now? Would there ever be amazing mobile synthesizer?

Last edited by Mobilesynthesist; 2011-06-21 at 09:35.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mobilesynthesist For This Useful Post:
So, this proves that Ellop lied about the reasons for chosing WP7 (not being ready in time and the ability to differenciate).
Will this have future? Only if there is a big gap between the date ot its releases and WP7īs.
Are they planing to release more phones in a future (1.5-2 years)?
Does anybody else think that the ui could be the foundation for a tablet that could compete with the iPad, like Ellop said?

This phone could be a bestseller, the design alone will attract lots of people in stores and the UI ideas are really neat. I like the swiping between app launcher, open apps and notifications, and all the other swipe actions. But what will nokia do if the N9 sells good? I don't see the point in this device right now.

Posts: 308 | Thanked: 729 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Athens, Greece
...yes but... did you see it? It's drop dead gorgeous... [drool]

N90 looks and works better. I will never change my N900 <3

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by cicer View Post
Will this have future?
Mainstream future? No it won't. It won't be produced, marketed or pushed to carriers in amounts that would give it a chance to have any significant mainstream effect.

It might have future as a interesting geeky Linux device.

Originally Posted by cicer View Post
Does anybody else think that the ui could be the foundation for a tablet that could compete with the iPad, like Ellop said?
It's not made by Microsoft. No future in Nokia.

So, this proves that Ellop lied about the reasons for chosing WP7 (not being ready in time and the ability to differenciate).
If they wanted they could have brought multiple meego handsets with similar specs to the market. Its not exactly high-end. I expected specs beyond the need of wp7.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rugoz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by zlatokosi View Post
1. The N900 was Nokia's first all-screen phone. Why so many people are concentrating on this aspect as new is spooky.?
The N900 is a NIT not a phone

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????