Posts: 528 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ MLB.AU
Originally Posted by shanrizvi View Post
Guys,

I think N900 is officially obsolete now. The kind of problems you have with this phone are just unparalleled. It seems like it just doesn't do anything normally anymore (and it's not because I haven't tried flashing).

Suddenly, my Skype account doesn't work. It gets validated, it gets signed in, it predictably sends me a flood of Skype messages and slows my phone down to death for a few seconds indicating that Skype has connected, but it never shows my contact statuses in the Phonebook so I can't call anyone.

Suddenly, my Facebook account cannot get validated. It says "No internet connection."

It's not fair to expect to get new features on a phone forever but you can at least expect the old ones to continue working! They should have some sort of a recycling program for the N900, some sort of phone upgrade/exchange at least! It's like we bought a brick and now have to buy a new one.

well you've mistaken the N900 for a phone.. Its not.
Do you know how to maintain a server?
The N900 is more like a server when taking about maintainance.
You need to back it up!
You need to clear out old data!
You need to keep it up to date!
You need to have dev, testing and live HW!
Etc etc

I've had mine since 2010.. Hasn't missed a beat

edit if you don't want to do above, just reflash it every 6-12mths

Last edited by bingomion; 2012-08-09 at 14:45.

Originally Posted by shanrizvi View Post
Guys,

Suddenly, my Skype account doesn't work. It gets validated, it gets signed in, it predictably sends me a flood of Skype messages and slows my phone down to death for a few seconds indicating that Skype has connected, but it never shows my contact statuses in the Phonebook so I can't call anyone.

The skype problem is probably to do with your skype contact list. Use the PC version of skype to check for any contacts which haven't been online for a long time and delete them - this fixed the problem for me.

Microsoft must have made some change in the last few weeks to what data is stored in the contact list, and that is upsetting the skype to n900 address book communication.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Before you throw yours in the trash, I'll give you $50 for it. I happen to need a third one.

Tags
imstillrelevant, orphaned