Active Topics

So, I've been playing with the tablet. It's a nice thing - you can really feel the massive difference in levels of performance between it and the phone. Screen is super nice.

That said, while everything runs really smooth, the scroll animations are still a bit jaggy compared to what I've experienced on equivalent android/ios devices, which is a bit surprising. I mean, it's not that bad nor does is it a problem from a usability perspective, but it is a bit distracting/detracting when the device otherwise gives off a fairly "premium" vibe with a smooth and mature feel. You'd think it would not be a power/performance issue given the specs?

My biggest gripe though is the battery idle time - anyone else feel the same? I mean, the active usage time is OK, but it feels that the device consumes a fair bit of power when idling/not in use/screen off?

I know it's a completely different architecture, but I feel my Jolla phone lasts much better in terms of that despite its much smaller battery - and the phone has the added drain of being connected to the cellular network on top of that, vs. wifi only for the tablet.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yeum For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Yeum View Post
My biggest gripe though is the battery idle time - anyone else feel the same?
You haven't bothered to read at least one of the previous pages, have you?

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Ah =D.

For some reason I completely missed that post. Still, nice to know it's not just me.

Since it seems to be a software/optimization problem, I guess with some luck we might get an update that recetifies the problem - though I guess I should not hold my breath for that. I'd assume the tablet and support for it is a lower priority issue for Jolla ATM, given their scarce resources, and the fact there will not be that many more users for it, and no current plans /need to support more i486 devices in the near immidiate future =/

Been eerily silent about that ntel X3 based phone/device "from jolla" rhat showed up in some Intel press releases last summer . Makes sense though, with how the tablet project ended, and them wanting to get out of HW anyway.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Yeum For This Useful Post:
Posts: 738 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Berlin
can a tablet owners upload me the wallpaper image with the Origami?

The Following User Says Thank You to cvp For This Useful Post:
I thought I'd get a new case for the Tablet. Curly birch is very pleasant.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to abranson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by cvp View Post
can a tablet owners upload me the wallpaper image with the Origami?
Here...
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ce_origami.jpg
If you or someone need more ambiences (my custom ambiences with sounds), PM me...

Last edited by Schturman; 2016-03-31 at 11:19.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by abranson View Post
I thought I'd get a new case for the Tablet. Curly birch is very pleasant.

http://i.imgur.com/tV3raU1.png
Hi. Looks fantastic! I have tried to contact Lastu twice but they have not responded. Is there an email address I can try to reach them by?

The Following User Says Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Posts: 738 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Berlin
thanks schturman

The Following User Says Thank You to cvp For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Hi. Looks fantastic! I have tried to contact Lastu twice but they have not responded. Is there an email address I can try to reach them by?
They've never responded to any of my queries either. I was very happy when the order showed up - I thought the web shop had broken.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to abranson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by abranson View Post
They've never responded to any of my queries either. I was very happy when the order showed up - I thought the web shop had broken.
Thanks. The problem I'm having is that their website does not accept orders from US. So I'm stuck right now. Would like to order walnut and curly birch cases...

The Following User Says Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla tablet, sailfishos