Active Topics

Posts: 426 | Thanked: 374 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Middle East
Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
I don't see any problem with your string, checked right now...

In this package you have icons that you don't need for Tweak F-6/5...

Yeah, I must have said it wrong. There's nothing wrong with my string, but let's say I'm a new user who has the default MeeGo statusbar clock. If I go to Tweak Y and choose 3 for custom and I enter that same string I used, it WON'T work. It'll still keep the default string.

BUT, if I'm a new user and I select Tweak Y-1, first.. it'll change. And AFTER I select Y-1, go back to Y-3, then the custom strings start working. I meant to say the Tweak "Y-3" doesn't work for the first time for a new user. I hope you got my point it now.. it's no problem for me, it's just a problem for a new user who directly clicks custom string at the first shot. You can reset it back to default and try.

Also, yeah, I put some extra icons by mistake.. my bad. But the others are modified.. and they look really good =) I would suggest giving it a shot

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by flopjoke View Post
Yeah, I must have said it wrong. There's nothing wrong with my string, but let's say I'm a new user who has the default MeeGo statusbar clock. If I go to Tweak Y and choose 3 for custom and I enter that same string I used, it WON'T work. It'll still keep the default string.

BUT, if I'm a new user and I select Tweak Y-1, first.. it'll change. And AFTER I select Y-1, go back to Y-3, then the custom strings start working. I meant to say the Tweak "Y-3" doesn't work for the first time for a new user. I hope you got my point it now.. it's no problem for me, it's just a problem for a new user who directly clicks custom string at the first shot. You can reset it back to default and try.

Also, yeah, I put some extra icons by mistake.. my bad. But the others are modified.. and they look really good =) I would suggest giving it a shot
I understand your point, but again, I DON'T have any problem with this tweak.. I can't reproduce your problem. I tested it a couple of time by restoring to default and without restoring and your string worked immediately without any problem... Maybe for the first time you did a little mistake in the string ? I don't know, but for me it's working without any problem..

Hmm.. weird, because I just tried it again by resetting to default value and the problem remains. Maybe it's just me.. I messed up my N9 by tweaking a lot :P well, it works anyway, so no biggie for me.. was just concerned about others who might use the tweak =)

Thanks for confirming.

On a side note: is it possible to change the colors of the text in the statusbar? Maybe add some values in the same string? Also, I'm trying to locate the icons used in the status bar.. the clean backup you have has only a few of them and I can't find the rest on my phone. Any idea where they are and how to get them?

Try to find them here: /usr/share/themes/blanco/meegotouch/icons

Ah, got them.

Just one last question for now: I'm using FasterN9 tweak. I had Drop Cache before that, but I uninstalled it to use FasterN9. In this app, N9QuickTweak, does Tweak A: Speed up transitions mods do the same thing? Because I'm having a slight instability problem and my phone reboots randomly like once every two days.This only started happening after installing N9QuickTweak though. Can this be because of running the other tweak with this one?

Sorry for asking noob questions, but this is how we learn, right?

Originally Posted by flopjoke View Post
Ah, got them.

Just one last question for now: I'm using FasterN9 tweak. I had Drop Cache before that, but I uninstalled it to use FasterN9. In this app, N9QuickTweak, does Tweak A: Speed up transitions mods do the same thing? Because I'm having a slight instability problem and my phone reboots randomly like once every two days.This only started happening after installing N9QuickTweak though. Can this be because of running the other tweak with this one?

Sorry for asking noob questions, but this is how we learn, right?
FasterN9 and N9QTweak this is not a same thing..
N9QTweak (Tweak A) = Faster transition = ONLY changing duration time.
When you install N9QTweak - this action don't do anything to the system. It's change system files, only when you activating tweaks.
Reboot can be from FasterN9, I also have 1-2 reboots after installation FasterN9..

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
Wow, black backgroud is best....
Black backgroud in Conversations? Make a tweak to do that....

Originally Posted by accountvip View Post
Wow, black backgroud is best....
Black backgroud in Conversations? Make a tweak to do that....
I Will check..

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
damn, that's cool! I also like your alarm Note for waking you up xD..

one suggestion.. That plus button to add new alarms.. That should be bigger too. Black looks awesome everywhere!

Tags
hebrew vkb, n9 qtweak, n9 quick tweak, n9 quicktweak, root-ssh