Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
It could be a great solution when there will bee a USB HUB on the market which you can connect over Bluetooth with a Host.

In my Opinion a great Idea. Also for other Smartphones like N97. Only to connect it with Bluetooth. Put your card reader inside and edit the content on the SD Card.

Does no one work or know a Manufacturer to solve this?

Ok, as i understand it, there is no way to create a gps log file. I tried eCoach, it would be easy to implement a export function there.

I would also love it if someone would develop an Eye-Fi solution. Apparently some Russian developer did one for Android...

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
How about using a MicroSD card in an SD adapter in the camera and then taking the micro card out and placing it in the N900 and then tag and Geo tag all the relevant pics? Bit of faffing but if you already have the sd micro adapter it would cost nothing

Originally Posted by Sasler View Post
While there are available multiple solutions for DSLR Geotagging, would it not be very convenient (and economical) to use the exiting equipment like the N900? This would eliminate need to carry (and purchase) a separate device.

Brainstorm Link
I would use this also. I think the best solution is a GPS logger (as suggested in the most popular solution on the brainstroming side) for the following reasons:

- No extra hardware required (that's kind of the point here, isn't it, if you're willing to buy extra hardware, why not buy a GPS tagger solution rather than some product x that will link the camera to the N900)

- You can use the GPS log data for other puproses, such as viewing the route you walked (for instance, if you were in a city abroad on a holiday) with Google Earth.

All-in-all, I think it would be interesting to have a sort of always-on (when the phone GPS is on) GPS logging solution, so that for whatever reason you could pinpoint your (phone's) location at any given time in the past. Once you have that, you can use (or create) a standalone application or a plugin for Adobe Lightroom, for example, to geotag the photos.

The Following User Says Thank You to kmb For This Useful Post:
i'm also interested in using n900 as a geotag logger...

but whats the impact of gunning gps on the battery?

this is the kind of thing we need

Check out my iPhone app GeoLogTag. It turns your iPhone into a GPS data logger and geotags your photos too (Mac, Flickr). As a bonus the exported GPX file can be used with any popular tracking or geotagging application (Windows, Mac).
Compatible with all Point & Shoot and DSLR cameras.

App Store: http://www.itunes.com/apps/geologtag
log the geotag and export as GPX file so it can be used with any geotagging app..

i found this "GPS data logger" this logs gps data into GPX format, which can then be used to map your photos... already in the app manager

Originally Posted by semiloose View Post
i found this "GPS data logger" this logs gps data into GPX format, which can then be used to map your photos... already in the app manager
I can't any app called "GPS data logger", Where did you find it?

Maemo Mapper does appear to have a "tracker" function that seems to work off line (not sure yet if the maps have to loaded into the cache first). The tracker saves as an XML file with time, lat & long which would be suitable for importing to programs that update the jpg etc files with GPS data. I was walking during the test with the data points one minute a part. I am not sure what happens if you are traveling faster.