Notices

Posts: 246 | Thanked: 204 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Potsdam (Germany)
There is a new version of canola2 in the devel-extras repository but it seems to be not installable.

There are conflicts with lightmediascanner0-ogg, libcore0-desktop (0.9.9.050+svn38845-maemo1), lightmediascanner0-ogg (0.3.0-maemo2)

I was not able to find information about a new version here:
http://openbossa.indt.org/canola/

Will there be out a version which is installable next time?

Me on twitter

I apt-get removed lightmediascanner0-ogg and it installed.... BUT no music or video files play.... I don't recommend installing RC1.

The Following User Says Thank You to st5150 For This Useful Post:
RC2 just came out and it still can't play any audio or video files. Restoring ~/.atabake/config to use oms instead of mplayer didn't change a thing.

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
does anyone know what if any changes are in these upcoming versions? Are there any visible changes or is it all under the bonnet.

gonna install on my test n800 later, just charging it up at the mo.

The layout is slightly different. There are transitional effects when certain items are pressed, but the N8x0 has an outdated CPU and the effects are choppy and slow down the already sluggish N8x0. You can select which items are displayed on the main screen. Let me know music or videos play on your test n800. Neither play on mine.

i just noticed rc2, but per your observations, i won't be installing. however, isn't canola2 optimized for n8x0 devices??

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I installed Canola2 RC2 about an hour ago.
The installation went fine (after Canola Cleanup).
I installed the additional prefs and the flat-black-white theme too...

So far:
* no mp3s are playing (loader-cycle cycles and cycles *gg*)
* no videos are shown (timeline stops at 0:00)
* pictures are shown correctly (even I think the beta was faster)

interesting. I'm sure the Canola developers will show up here soon and report. They're been pretty good in the past about engaging with maemo community to let them know what's up.

I've reinstalled Canola2 and now I can't play any mp3's, video, or podcasts.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by hordeman View Post
interesting. I'm sure the Canola developers will show up here soon and report. They're been pretty good in the past about engaging with maemo community to let them know what's up.
But I must admit, everything else is better than before! ;-)
The UI looks much better, is more configurable (for ex. I don't use X-casts so I disabled them) and the buttons look much better too!

Tags
canola2, devel-extras, rc1, rc2, rc3