Posts: 235 | Thanked: 89 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ italy
I heard some voices (rumors) about stantum new displays technology (resistive, multitouch, pressure sensitive) on N900.
I sent an email to Stantum Company asking confirm about that (3weeks ago) without reply till now!
Someone can confirm/refute with certainty?
Thank you

Last edited by maemo.it; 2009-10-28 at 01:52.

Posts: 219 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
effettui una certa ricerca sul Internet. il n900 non è multitouch.

do some research on the internet. N900 is not multitouch.

Last edited by r0eladn; 2009-10-28 at 01:42.

@r0eladn: depends of hardware. If it's confirmed that N900 uses Stantum's display, it will need just a specific software to activate the multitouch/pressure_sensible functions (like FM radio receiver).

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
This thread doesn't belong to Community. Please move to N900.

Originally Posted by qgil View Post
This thread doesn't belong to Community. Please move to N900.
opss sorry
but, how can I move it?

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sweden
Just saw some videos about Stantum's multi touch technology on resistiv touch screens on youtube.
It would be really cool if nokia implemented this software to make the N900 multi touch. The only disadvantage with the N900 today is that it lack support for multi touch imo. So I would be really appreciate it.

Originally Posted by xiph View Post
Just saw some videos about Stantum's multi touch technology on resistiv touch screens on youtube.
It would be really cool if nokia implemented this software to make the N900 multi touch. The only disadvantage with the N900 today is that it lack support for multi touch imo. So I would be really appreciate it.
of course!!
for this reason I'm interested to know if N900 has this display. It's possible nobody opened an N900 to see HW and display type?

Originally Posted by maemo.it View Post
of course!!
for this reason I'm interested to know if N900 has this display. It's possible nobody opened an N900 to see HW and display type?
maybe it's a cause for the delay?

Originally Posted by xiph View Post
maybe it's a cause for the delay?
in this case.....I hope so!!!

Originally Posted by maemo.it View Post
in this case.....I hope so!!!
Then it would be worth the waiting