Posts: 132 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ asheville NC
Had the same issue till I forwarded all my GV calls to google chat. Worked like charm.

Hmm. To Google chat? How does that work exactly?

It's funny to think that an N9 should work with one provider and not another - I use my VoIP service with a hardware adapter with no issues. It would be interesting to find out what setting makes the difference.

I'll try forwarding it to another SIP provider and see if that helps.

Posts: 359 | Thanked: 162 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Budapest
It's not just dependent on your connections... both my wife's N9 and mine have identical internet connections; wifi at home and the same 3G provider when out and about. Her phone never seems to register properly with the SIP server; she can generally make outgoing calls, but never gets incoming calls, including from me (they just end with a connection errror). However my N9 never seems to have a problem with the SIP server (same account; same server, etc) and I can pretty much rely on being able to make and receive calls whenever.

We do both have issues with Google Chat though. On both of our phones it usually fails to connect, with the message "Invalid password", which is rather frustrating, because there is nothing wrong with our passwords.

The Following User Says Thank You to noetus For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by noetus View Post
It's not just dependent on your connections... both my wife's N9 and mine have identical internet connections; wifi at home and the same 3G provider when out and about. Her phone never seems to register properly with the SIP server; she can generally make outgoing calls, but never gets incoming calls, including from me (they just end with a connection errror). However my N9 never seems to have a problem with the SIP server (same account; same server, etc) and I can pretty much rely on being able to make and receive calls whenever.
Filed a bug report?

We do both have issues with Google Chat though. On both of our phones it usually fails to connect, with the message "Invalid password", which is rather frustrating, because there is nothing wrong with our passwords.
Yeah this is supposedly fixed....
It better be, it's a huge one, and affecting soooo many people...
I don't have much confidence, as in the ticket they didn't take much feed-back.
After a few posts they said:
"This is fixed & should come w/a future update, & here's a workaround"
Which actually doesn't work for many people.

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Filed a bug report?

Yeah this is supposedly fixed....
It better be, it's a huge one, and affecting soooo many people...
I don't have much confidence, as in the ticket they didn't take much feed-back.
After a few posts they said:
"This is fixed & should come w/a future update, & here's a workaround"
Which actually doesn't work for many people.
No, but I will. Have a bunch of bug reports to file!

Being lazy, but can you point in the direction of that fix (that may not work)?

No, but I will. Have a bunch of bug reports to file!
Don't forget!

Being lazy, but can you point in the direction of that fix (that may not work)?
There's about four different workarounds discussed in this thread:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=80540
They work for some people & not others...
The latest one seems like it may be the best if you don't use eBuddy.*

*might affect others apps.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
I had Google Mail disabled, just Google Talk, since I don't use gmail. On a whim I tried enabling Mail as well, and keep it as 'constantly updated'. So far, that seems to be keeping Google Talk logged in as well. I'll report again if that turns out to be premature.

I had Google Mail disabled, just Google Talk, since I don't use gmail. On a whim I tried enabling Mail as well, and keep it as 'constantly updated'. So far, that seems to be keeping Google Talk logged in as well. I'll report again if that turns out to be premature.
Interesting. Since this thread is not really related...
Please continue your update in that other thread I linked to.
And don't forget that bug report for the other issue

Thanks!

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-12-22 at 18:26.

Originally Posted by minority View Post
Hmm. To Google chat? How does that work exactly?

It's funny to think that an N9 should work with one provider and not another - I use my VoIP service with a hardware adapter with no issues. It would be interesting to find out what setting makes the difference.

I'll try forwarding it to another SIP provider and see if that helps.
So, I set up my SIP provider to trunk through another provider (gratissip.dk). So my N9 connects to this SIP provider, and then incoming calls and outgoing calls are made through my main provider.

For whatever reason although the setup is exactly the same, keeping the connection open/alive for incoming calls works like a charm. 3 days straight and I can still receive incoming calls.

Makes you wonder what exactly makes the difference?