Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I think it will do OK, not great, as the competition here is brutal. It's the first official high end windows phone. It's simple, it's fluid, has great email client and nokia drive rocks. Dumb phone at it's best

Between the L-900 and TiTan2...I'd choose the TiTaN2

Between the TiTaN2 and the N9...I'd choose the N9 (only the highest end one for <$500)

Between the N9 and the iPhone 4....I'd choose the iPhone 4

Between the iPhone 4S and the N900....I'd choose the N900

Between the N900 and the N950....I'd choose the N950 (eagerly curious)

Between the N950 and the NOTE...I wouldn't know until I've used them side-side

I'm flattered

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Sorry for bein slightly off topic (or am I?) but why in the hell is this under the N900 forum?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bandora For This Useful Post:
I need a solid, sturdy phone. It's got some bells and whistles. I'd prefer an open source linux phone but there aren't a whole lot of options. My contract is 3 years overdue, so...

I'm in.

The Following User Says Thank You to anonymous For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
Originally Posted by bandora View Post
Sorry for bein slightly off topic (or am I?) but why in the hell is this under the N900 forum?
yeah. no you are not off topic here. its posted in wrong section. should be posted to competitors, off topic or in general section. N900 section is not the right place for this thread.

Hmmm, and why is this in N900 sub section?

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
Only $449

Everytime I see that phrase pass by I can't help but wonder how on earth that phone is worth even half of that money?

Last edited by anthonie; 2012-04-01 at 10:28.

The Following User Says Thank You to anthonie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 470 | Thanked: 399 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Croatia
Originally Posted by ch88xy View Post
I own N770, N800, N810 and N900 (haven't sold any of them), but also own at least 5 other computers with Win 7. Is it a sin to show some interest in Microsoft OS? What if it is good?
i use desktop versions of windows when i must(play games... ), i used wm, wince and dos, all decent pieces of software albeit not to my taste, but WP is a piece of s.h.i.t and should be treated as such
its not a sin but would you take an actual box of crap even if someone offers it to you for free?

The Following User Says Thank You to GrimyHR For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nilchak View Post
Yeah right - for $0 with a 2 year contract - AT&T like always is just ripping us off for a device that basically can just make calls and receive calls and a few other bells and whistles on top of it.

We should all raise out voice against this travesty and demand a phone for at least $199 with a 2 year contract which can make a call and recieve a call and a few other paltry bells and whistles on top of it.
Best if it came from Apple to boot.
sure it would be great if it had some sort of hook lets call it, but it doesn't, it does nothing that nobody else has already done, if I wanted a phone that can make a phone call, receive texts, and do the general stuff, I'd buy a generic android phone that'd do it for 1/4 of the price. But the WP is horrendous, I didn't understand why people hated it so much, I was pretty certain they thought hmmm it's MS so lets hate the ****er, but I got my hands on it the other day and it just wasn't a pleasant experience, not the 900 it was the 800.

I'll admit maybe I was biased with my approach to it, but after such a let down all I could think of was that Nokia went ahead with that **** instead of the N9, and then smiled again as I pulled it out my pocket and told the staff attendant that this is a good piece of software, while that's not.

"Piece of sh*t"--I shudder when I read something like this. Why so arrogant? Devices are made to serve people's needs. Why do so many people use it if it is not good enough to serve their purposes?