Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by colnago View Post
That's awsome...you give this guy "kudos" but give me "krap" for saying the same thing at the start of this thread.

:P
Fixed.

That's awsome...you give this guy "kudos" but give me "krap" for saying the same thing at the start of this thread.

:P
Of course your comment never came with any sort of data to back it up hence the reluctance to believe it, and i never said Boo to you just the option was unlikely, seems ATT is out to prove me wrong...

But now someone needs to find out what band is it the ATT is upgrading their network to.
And given that he is not able to get good speeds, either the network is not up fully, or the phone does not fully support the network.

I wonder if we are looking at the future where USA is under a common frequency band for data?

More annoying is that he's got better download speeds with ATT than i do with TMobile 3.5G.

Last edited by depu; 2010-01-20 at 00:42.

when i do manual search att 2G and 3G comes up but i can only select 3G when im downtown at home it comes up but if i select it says no access maybe others should try that (if this phone dont support that band 850 is it even supposed to show up under manual search?) maybe someone can do something for att users

haha ya when i switch to my t mobile its not 7.2 as they claim -_- but using mt t mobile sim the internet is way faster i can listen to radio without lag now yay

Originally Posted by jerryfreak View Post
i am nearby.

i have 3g turned of fon my phone. i have had a helluva time connecting to the 2g network in reno automatically. yesterday ia did a manual network search and two entries for 'AT&T 2G' came up.
another N900 user in reno yay i thought i was all alone here lol maybe we should meet up and do a test downtown sometime lol

Originally Posted by Sheon View Post
haha ya when i switch to my t mobile its not 7.2 as they claim -_- but using mt t mobile sim the internet is way faster i can listen to radio without lag now yay

There are articles on the web stating that T-Mo's upgrade is only partially complete, in that only the "software portion" is in place nationwide.

Originally Posted by depu View Post
Of course your comment never came with any sort of data to back it up hence the reluctance to believe it, and i never said Boo to you just the option was unlikely, seems ATT is out to prove me wrong...

But now someone needs to find out what band is it the ATT is upgrading their network to.
And given that he is not able to get good speeds, either the network is not up fully, or the phone does not fully support the network.

I wonder if we are looking at the future where USA is under a common frequency band for data?

More annoying is that he's got better download speeds with ATT than i do with TMobile 3.5G.
AT&T upgrade news is posted on the web.

AT&T upgrade news is posted on the web.

Yes. Their HSPA upgrade news is. But what i read is that its only a software update yet and they are making initial runs for HSPA at a few places.
Source: AT&T News Room

I figured LTE would come after the HSPA upgrade atleast.

Yeah, unfortunately the upgraded speeds, for both carriers, is spotty at best. I pulled 3Mb in Philly, on Broad St., on T-Mo, but 15-20 blocks further north, still on Broad St., at my Dad's house, I could only manage 1Mb.

Perhaps at&t allows T-Mobile roaming in Reno. Their SIM cards are programmed to always show "AT&T" as the operator, so you can't tell without checking the MCC-MNC pair what network you're really on.

Sheon, you were seeing T-Mobile 3G, not at&t 3G.

Last edited by wierdo; 2010-01-20 at 01:43.