Notices

Hello. I'm looking for Wget app (like buttones with icons) for lock the device, shutdown and restart.
I want to be able to lock the device, shutdown and restart my N900 directly from the screen.

Thank you

The Following User Says Thank You to bigdarkmad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 21 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Sweden
You can always use Queen Beecon Widget. There's tons of guides and info how to create fine widgets using QBW.

Posts: 1,111 | Thanked: 1,985 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Åbo, Finland
Originally Posted by bigdarkmad View Post
Hello. I'm looking for Wget app (like buttones with icons) for lock the device, shutdown and restart.
I want to be able to lock the device, shutdown and restart my N900 directly from the screen.

Thank you
I suppose you mean Widget. Anyway I think you could just, for example, make a shell script called reboot.sh like this:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
sudo run-standalone.sh reboot
and do
chmod +x reboot.sh

and a desktop file like this:
Code:
[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Version=0.1
Type=Application
Name=Reboot the phone
Exec=/home/user/reboot.sh
Icon=general_refresh
X-HildonDesk-ShowInToolbar=true
X-Osso-Type=application/x-executable
and then add it as a shortcut to your desktop. Et viola! A reboot button.
Agro ... : [----------] Relic(s) : N95, NGage, Tamyia Wild One

Try Tweed Suit for your hardcore twittering needs
http://twitter.com/mece66
I like my coffee black, like my metal.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mece For This Useful Post:
Posts: 579 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Austria
I would not want to have a reboot button on the touchscreen - too touchy! But shutdown and lock is anyway so easily accessed through the power button menu. Only a reboot option is missing there. Would it be equally easy to add a reboot option there?

EDIT: Unsurprisingly, there are already howtos on t.m.o. on adding a reboot option in the power button menu.

Last edited by rebhana; 2010-08-31 at 20:47.

Originally Posted by bigdarkmad View Post

Thank you
did you get such app iam also tryin but cdnt even tried simple reboot app but thats waste of time .if u got this app plz tell me its name

Originally Posted by mece View Post
I suppose you mean Widget. Anyway I think you could just, for example, make a shell script called reboot.sh like this:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
sudo run-standalone.sh reboot
and do
chmod +x reboot.sh

and a desktop file like this:
Code:
[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Version=0.1
Type=Application
Name=Reboot the phone
Exec=/home/user/reboot.sh
Icon=general_refresh
X-HildonDesk-ShowInToolbar=true
X-Osso-Type=application/x-executable
and then add it as a shortcut to your desktop. Et viola! A reboot button.
cn anybdy help me i also need to do shutdown reebot ,lockscreen from toch screen hardware keys are waste of time ,tell a sol...or an app fro it plz..

Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
@jot985,

Are you serious? how often do you shutdown or reboot. In any case, hitting the hardware button (which is always located at exactly the same position and works independently of anything else) and then tapping "Turn Off" or "Reboot" will take, even with the clumsiest hands, around 1% of the time it actually takes to reboot.

You will not again any speed with this. Only the change of accidentally shutting down or rebooting will be (much) higher.

For locking the screen you have *another* hardware switch, also always at the position and always working no-matter-what.

If you still want a widget, have a look at @mece's idea on this very same thread. Or use QBW as suggested on this very same thread.