is there a gpe app that allows me to sync my palm memos/knotes with the n800? looks like when i run multisync there's a notes category, but i can't find the corresponding gpe nokia app...

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Boone, IA
It's not GPE, but...

If you are trying to get away from the Palm Desktop (I am almost there ) ...

You might try out Notecase. In addition to the OS2008 version, they have ports to Linux and Win.

It was a pain to cut and paste all of my Palm / Outlook memos into the xp version but now that it is done I am pretty happy with it.

Good luck

Matt

The Following User Says Thank You to Snoshrk For This Useful Post:
yeah, i'm trying to get away from palm--i'm liking gpe/opensync to sync everything. i'm using linux, so notecase won't work. there are note apps on both my desktop and n800, but i don't know how/if i can sync them.

If you're trying to get away from Palm entirely, then you might find it easier to do a one-time data transfer than to set up a more complex sync operation. It can take some work to fix up all the fields so that they transfer correctly from Palm (or whatever other organizer you have) to gpe contacts, but at least you only have to do it once. If you check the other thread in this forum on using gpe contacts, I posted a spreadsheet app that reads vCard exports from other organizer programs, does some auto corrections for gpe contacts, and give you the opportunity to edit the data in Excel. It's easy enough to do edits like global-search-and-replace or write a little macro to fix up a format error.

thanks; i mostly got the contacts sync'ed without problem, although there are a handful that have a mangled N field causing problems (don't know if it's the palm, jpilot, kpilot, my moto phone, etc, that did the mangling). i'll give the spreadsheet app a try to see if it will fix it. actually, opensync/gpe has been relatively painless as far as linux sync goes. if i could find a way to sync notes/memos, i'd be golden--worst case i can just set up rsync, as they're all just txt files.