Active Topics

Posts: 182 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Netherlands
The support for multiple MCC card partitions & file systems is nice, but it seems to mess up the Tracker, at least for me it kept on indexing 'new' media files.
I have a dedicated Easy Debian partition on the internal mass memory disc.

Excluding the mount directories (/media/mmc1, mmc1p2 in my case) with Tracker Cfg did solve the problem, but I don't think that is the idea of CSSU.

The Following User Says Thank You to maartenmk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by g0r View Post
New bug report opened with reference to the old one, to view, vote for faster problem solving see bug report 12604 here

Edit: Edit: apparently is a duplicate see bug 12285
You can find fixed modest in cssu-devel repo, source code here

Changelog:

Code:
modest (3.90.7-11.1) unstable; urgency=low

* Fixed bug https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=12285.
    Do not delete email from server if "Leave messages on server" is ON
     - forward-port http://gitorious.org/modest/modest/c...4bd26a33081c51
  * Manual send & receive doesn't always retrieve emails
     - https://gitorious.org/modest/modest/...39726febde76ec
  * Use async operation instead of synchronous one for the main thread
     - https://gitorious.org/modest/modest/...614190668a05f5
to enable cssu-devel repo:
using microb go to http://maemo.merlin1991.at/cssu/community-devel/ and click community-devel-fremantle.install. HAM should open, allow him to install the repo.

To upgrade modest (as root in xterm):

apt-get update
apt-get install modest

DO NOT DO apt-get upgrade unless you know what you are doing

WARNING: This is really a devel repo, use it on your own risk . On the other hand anyone willing to risk a reflash and/or data loss could test the new stuff there and report if any bugs are found .

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
im facing a problem after upgrading to latest CSSU version. Mediaplayer keep saying after playing a video for a while 'unable to play media. Media codec not found'. Any solution for this problem or anyone else facing this problem ? Im getting this problem after upgrading to latest CSSU version.

Which part of cssu do i need to apt-get to prevent the need to reboot every 3 days due to a laggy interface, if I don't want anything else from cssu?

Which part of CSSU I need to apt-get, if I want to avoid reboots due to battery being out-of-power, and I don't want to charge it in any way, including carrying cables, charger, etc? They're quite heavy.

Maybe CSSU devs may waste they valuable time and publish list of such components, or even better, prepare pakage CSSU-Lite with only such parts? Or do subversion for every single user preferences? What do You think, guys? Please, pleeease?
---

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 254 | Thanked: 146 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Antwerp Belgium
Originally Posted by marbleuser View Post
Which part of cssu do i need to apt-get to prevent the need to reboot every 3 days due to a laggy interface, if I don't want anything else from cssu?
Could OptimizeN900 help you in any way?
Does a great job for me...

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Maybe CSSU devs may waste they valuable time and publish list of such components
There should be a Like button beside the Thanks one...
surfing the web, navigate, chat, ttweet, email, scan, hack, share, tweak...
.....................and you can also use him to make a call

Last edited by peter2p; 2012-04-21 at 17:54.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peter2p For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Which part of CSSU I need to apt-get, if I want to avoid reboots due to battery being out-of-power, and I don't want to charge it in any way, including carrying cables, charger, etc? They're quite heavy.

Maybe CSSU devs may waste they valuable time and publish list of such components, or even better, prepare pakage CSSU-Lite with only such parts? Or do subversion for every single user preferences? What do You think, guys? Please, pleeease?
---

/Estel
Geez Estel, don't you get how repositories work yet? Sounds like you've installed the entire cssu repository to get the bits you want ! How's buggy modest and buggy xterm working for ya?

So far I've only been interested in cameraui2 , so I've only installed that.

I actually withdraw my question as I don't believe cssu can prevent a heavy user's 3 day reboot. Feel free to correct me by pointing to which bits actually achieve that.

is it possible to implement full screen caller image through cssu? that would also be a nice improvement. i had many nokia phones with that. also i had an android phone which dint hav full screen caller image but after downloading some app. it could get a full screen image.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mohammed Muid For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by marbleuser View Post
Geez Estel, don't you get how repositories work yet? Sounds like you've installed the entire cssu repository to get the bits you want ! How's buggy modest and buggy xterm working for ya?

So far I've only been interested in cameraui2 , so I've only installed that.

I actually withdraw my question as I don't believe cssu can prevent a heavy user's 3 day reboot. Feel free to correct me by pointing to which bits actually achieve that.
Actually, I use modest and xterm daily (well, don't remember, when I closed xterm last time), and it's working great for me. If You want to have android-kid-like package's mess on Your device, it's up to You - yet, don't waste time of CSSU devs just because of that.

BTW, if You're so "smartie" that You feel comfortable with creating package mess on Your device, You should already know what cause UI slowdowns after certain time, and that it doesn't have anything to do with CSSU. Use You "high-tech powa" and google for swap fragmentation - it was talked zillion of times on TMO.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Hello everyone,

I've just installed the latest CSSU update and I guess something went wrong. Usually the device reboots after the update and everything's fine, but this time it can't turn on.
What happens is: the usual short vibration, then the NOKIA screen appears, then the screen fades and the diode blinks orange-orange-yellow. This process repeats a few times, then there is a loadscreen with the "Device malfunction!" words.

Is it caused by the wrong update? If yes, should I reflash my N900 or what?
Thanks in advance.

Tags
cssu testing