Active Topics

Posts: 367 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Brooklyn, NY
And I thought today was gonna be my lucky day then I got to this part: $ sudo dpkg -i e17-svn_1.2.3-3_all.deb, and a whole bunch of dependencies rolled up.
e17-svn depends on build-essential, subversion, libtool, gettext, giblib-dev, libimlib2-dev, libltdl3-dev, libpopt-dev, libcurl3-dev | libcurl4-openssl-dev, libbz2-dev, libid3tag0-dev, libpng12-dev, libtiff4-dev, libungif4-dev |libgif-dev, libjpeg62-dev, librsvg2-dev, libssl-dev, libfontconfig1-dev, libxcursor-dev, libgtk1.2-dev, libsqlite3.dev, libxmu-dev, libxrandr-dev, libxdamage-dev, libxcomposite-dev, libtag1-dev, libtagc0-dev, libasound2-dev, libpam0g-dev, libdbus-1-dev.

Posts: 329 | Thanked: 505 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Israel
Originally Posted by FRZ View Post
And I thought today was gonna be my lucky day then I got to this part: $ sudo dpkg -i e17-svn_1.2.3-3_all.deb, and a whole bunch of dependencies rolled up.
e17-svn depends on build-essential, subversion, libtool, gettext, giblib-dev, libimlib2-dev, libltdl3-dev, libpopt-dev, libcurl3-dev | libcurl4-openssl-dev, libbz2-dev, libid3tag0-dev, libpng12-dev, libtiff4-dev, libungif4-dev |libgif-dev, libjpeg62-dev, librsvg2-dev, libssl-dev, libfontconfig1-dev, libxcursor-dev, libgtk1.2-dev, libsqlite3.dev, libxmu-dev, libxrandr-dev, libxdamage-dev, libxcomposite-dev, libtag1-dev, libtagc0-dev, libasound2-dev, libpam0g-dev, libdbus-1-dev.
running: 'apt-get -f install' as root will install all dependencies and will finish e17-svn installation

Posts: 367 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Brooklyn, NY
Originally Posted by damagedspline View Post
running: 'apt-get -f install' as root will install all dependencies and will finish e17-svn installation
Yep, I was coming in here to say that that is what I had to do and did. Man, was that a long download. So now for the rest of the setup. I am at the gtk theme part. [quote]You'll want to set up gtk so your programs that use gtk will look good. Download gtk and icon themes and extract them to the .themes and .icons folders in your home directory.
create a file called .gtkrc in your home directory and put this in it: [\quote]Where do I get those? That wasn't mentioned there and i tried apt-get install gtk and that didn't work.

Posts: 253 | Thanked: 104 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Midwest, USA
Running this command should get everything you need for the gtk theme: $sudo apt-get install gtk2-engines-pixbuf

The icon and gtk themes can be downloaded from www.gnome-look.org Just go there and do a search for the theme names. If that doesn't work, let me know and I'll try doing a search for them.

One note though: I've heard that some people are having dependency problems with the gtk2-engines-pixbuf install. Hopefully, Mer will update it's libgtk2.0-0 packages soon to match those of ubuntu.

As an alternative, you could specify whatever theme Mer is using in hildon in the gtkrc file. This wouldn't give as consistent of a look as the B_and_W theme, but it would still look better than not specifying any gtk theme.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by neatojones View Post
As an alternative, you could specify whatever theme Mer is using in hildon in the gtkrc file. This wouldn't give as consistent of a look as the B_and_W theme, but it would still look better than not specifying any gtk theme.
In my experience, you need two things:

In your ~/.gtkrc-2.0 file, put the following line:

Code:
include "/usr/share/themes/liberty/gtk-2.0/gtkrc"
And you need to make sure that you start the sapwood-server with the following command line (before starting E17):

Code:
/usr/lib/sapwood/sapwood-server &

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
how long it can compile? O_o i think, about ten hours?

how i can get onscreen keyboard?

Originally Posted by x-demon View Post
how i can get onscreen keyboard?
If you have a N810:
Then, in the terminal type:
mkdir ~/.e/e/keyboards
Then type:
$ nano ~/.e/e/keyboards/ignore_built_in_keyboards
inside this file type
/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/*
Then hit "Ctrl & x" at the same time.
Then hit "y"
Then "enter"

You can then open the onscreen keyboard by clicking on the top bar and pressing the little icon in the top right hand corner of that bar.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to neatojones For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by x-demon View Post
how long it can compile? O_o i think, about ten hours?
Yeah, it takes quite a while to compile. I recommend letting it go overnight.

Good news everyone: Meizirkki is in the process of updating the debs for e17. This should provide for a faster, easier, cleaner install of e17 in Mer.

I'll update the install instructions when the packages are tested and working.

Tags
mer, ubuntu