Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by Pinatz View Post
heyhey,
i have a problem to start cutetube. i reinstalled it 2 times but it did not help. There seems to be a problem with qt but there is no apt-get install qtwebkit

here is the log from terminal :
python2.5-qt4-webkit is what you need, though I don't understand why it wasn't installed automatically. It's listed in the dependencies.

My website

GitHub

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Originally Posted by woussie View Post
Thank you for making our n900 a little better I donated a small amount of money.

And like many i'd like to add a possible feature request
Maemo 5 has the feature that it can load a screenshot (PVR file) of an app before the app actually starts, just to make it look like it started faster. MohammedAG even made an application to make such PVR files; source + explanation is in this thread (that's where i got the idea from anyway)

It takes a few seconds for Cutetube to start up: no big deal at all, but with a PVR file it looks like it starts up faster. Off course it's just an image, so the actual starting up time remains the same. And it's just an image so when the program is starting it's "unresponsive". So i'm not sure that you even want to implement this feature; heck, i don't even care, i already have the feature on my device, with MohammedAG's tool But maybe it would be nice to have it as default? Just to let you know. Anyway, it's totally up to you, it's your program.

I've made a quick comparision video by the way: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtzaFzrJGpI (first time without PVR, second time with PVR)
Or even better, a cuteTube is now loading image, as I did in PSFreedom

The Following User Says Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
Or even better, a cuteTube is now loading image, as I did in PSFreedom
That would seem to be a better option, as it doesn't give users the impression that they can interact with the application. Is it possible to have an animated image?

My website

GitHub

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
thanks for your help but

Nokia-N900:~# apt-get install python2.5-qt4-webkit
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
python2.5-qt4-webkit is already the newest version.
python2.5-qt4-webkit set to manually installed.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 14 not upgraded.
and uninstalling it would remove cutetube. so the dependency is right. =/

Hmm tried an uninstall and reinstall and it still doesn't work. Is there a way to launch it from the terminal to see why videos aren't playing?

Or do they have to be downloaded before they can play (e.g. hit the download button first).

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

ok i fixed thee problem. while installing with faster appication installer the modules havent been set up. To do this manually I just reinstalled the packets. as there was another package missing i had to write those 2 commands here :

apt-get install --reinstall python2.5-qt4-webkit
apt-get install --reinstall python2.5-qt4-network

and then just

python /opt/cutetube/cutetube.py

to see if there are more errors. but there werent it starts now and i can see vids!

The Following User Says Thank You to Pinatz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Pinatz View Post
ok i fixed thee problem. while installing with faster appication installer the modules havent been set up. To do this manually I just reinstalled the packets. as there was another package missing i had to write those 2 commands here :

apt-get install --reinstall python2.5-qt4-webkit
apt-get install --reinstall python2.5-qt4-network

and then just

python /opt/cutetube/cutetube.py

to see if there are more errors. but there werent it starts now and i can see vids!
I kno you've fixed the problem now but would it have worked if you used the nokia app manager? I've had a few problems with faster app manger in the past so i just don't use it anymore

Until now everything I installed with the faster app manager worked flawlessly.
I tried to uninstall and install it with the standard app manager but it did not work. But this does not wonder me as the dependency was installed and the manager only checks if it is there.

Even the power kernel installed without problems :>

is there a way to use kmplayer as the default player for cutetube becasue I do not see that in the settings and sometimes the vids do not play in cutetube player. May be this has something to do with gstreamer because if I start cutetube from x term I get:
Warning: You do not seem to have the package gstreamer0.10-plugins-good installed.
Some video features have been disabled.
althoug it's installed.

and again thank you marxian for this great app.

0.9.9-13 available in devel now? Anyone know the changes?

Tags
youtube