Active Topics

Notices

gstmjpg has been released. This is a nice piece of software that turns your tablet to remote controlled
IP-camera with motion detection and motion recording features.

Short instructions:

1. Install apache from https://garage.maemo.org/projects/apache
2. Install gstmjpg
3. Visit http://x.y.z/webcam.html with the browser where x.y.z is your tablet's IP address.

For more information check the README:

Works very nicely, easy to install and use. Thank you Seppo for contributing this.

-kepler

Last edited by kepler; 2008-05-22 at 04:21.

The Following 35 Users Say Thank You to kepler For This Useful Post:
Posts: 609 | Thanked: 232 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ the end of my rope
THANKS for this!

I'm sorry if I missed this in the README: Is it possible to view this stream using a browser on a computer not on the same network as the tablet? I can access the menu and stream via my computer which is on the same network, but my wife cannot access these from her work.

Obviously it would not be good to give every one on the web access to the menu page, but it'd be awesome to have the choice to give people access to the stream.

Last edited by lm2; 2008-05-21 at 20:28.

That's a matter of network configuration; if you're behind a NAT, you'll want a port forward, and she'll have to access the outside address, not the internal...

Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
Feature request... if not already there. (I haven't had a chance to test it yet.)

Would it be possible to capture and stream audio as well?

Posts: 883 | Thanked: 980 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bern, Switzerland
Works perfectly well. Installation was a breeze, too.
Big thanks to Seppo for some real quality work!

Posts: 609 | Thanked: 232 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ the end of my rope
That's a matter of network configuration; if you're behind a NAT, you'll want a port forward, and she'll have to access the outside address, not the internal...
Thanks. Unfortunately I have no idea what that means (although it sounds logical enough!). I'll just lurk around here hoping that with enough time someone else will want to do this and will explain it all. After all, that's how I learned to do most of the things I can now do with my tablet (except drop it, which I learned on my own).

Describe your network situation briefly, please, in as much technical detail as you feel comfortable with. I wanna make sure it matches what I was talking about before I dump a load of misguiding info in your direction.

I installed all those files, and it doesn't work for me. I tried all my IP addresses too. I am on OS2007 and I have an N800.

EDIT: Nevermind, I see this is currently only for OS2008.

Last edited by valia; 2008-05-21 at 23:47.

Posts: 674 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
It worked 'out of the box'. Thanks.

Posts: 213 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Detroit, MI
would the outside address be the ip of your cable/dsl modem? because I port forwarded using ports 2819 and 2820 to my ISP's IP and I cant see a thing. All i get is a blank page.

would the outside address be the ip of your cable/dsl modem? because I port forwarded using ports 2819 and 2820 to my ISP's IP and I cant see a thing. All i get is a blank page.

I guess my question here is:

My Tablet address is 192.168.1.149

MY ISP IP Address is 68.xx.xxx.xxx

Im using a WRT54G router with DD-WRT firmware installed

How would you enter and set up Port Forwarding In the NAT Tab? Is this the correct way?

Name:  NAT.jpg
Views: 7720
Size:  52.2 KB

I guess it really doesnt matter if i blur my ip or not but whatever

Last edited by mooler; 2008-05-22 at 03:37.