Active Topics

Originally Posted by Bratag View Post
I think I speak for all the people who pre-ordered here and STILL havent gotten a shipping notice - while people who jumped on the bandwagon today get theirs shipped.

F UCK THIS ****!!!!!
I agree that this has been the most mis-handled product release I've ever been part of. Looks like the close-knit community surrounding this product has caught several retailers in a lie about "first come/first serve". I don't think they expected everyone to be able to piece that together. Just how yesterday Nokia.com was shipping NEW orders overnight and still hadn't filled all preorders. This whole thing is stupid.

Just to note, I've had a preorder with Amazon since 11/6 that I've still gotten no word on. I just figured I'd give this Newegg thing a try today when I saw it, and I somehow hit the lottery. I've been awaiting this phone for a while now, so that hopefully I can ditch my iPhone 3GS (even though jailbroken it actually does all the things that I want..but...I shouldn't have to jailbreak to get that to start with). I can't believe that it even worked today! However, I'm not canceling my Amazon order until this thing is in my hands. With the way that all retailers/Nokia/etc have been screwing this up, I'm not counting out a disaster happening until I'm holding the device.

Maybe my (free) rush order helps. They said the if you rush order it,
they will ship it right away when it becomes available. =]

Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Originally Posted by N900FTW View Post
No, i pre ordered it 11/12/2009 good thing i cancelled my amazon.
order that same day cause i pre ordered them 10/10 and don't hear a thing when is going to ship. So i'm happy i did it at newegg!
It's like they are working their f*cking list backwards!

Very strange Karma at work here!

The worst part is because of the TGving holiday I wont even be able to call them up and rip them a new one tomorrow.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
The worst part is because of the TGving holiday I wont even be able to call them up and rip them a new one tomorrow.
Good luck trying to tear into them. Unless you know something I don't know, you can't seem to get to anybody with a clue, and there seems to be no escalation path. I've been trying to locate Tally Liu's email address tonight. He is the CEO, figured I would at least mail insult him a little, but info is hard to find for these guys.

We'll just save it for the next day they're taking calls. Everyone who pre-ordered and has been given the shaft needs to call their respective resellers.

Might want to ask the folks at the Consumerist.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 805 | Thanked: 440 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Mississauga, On
I'm upset with Amazon.com and Nokia.

Damn them both to hell.

Longtime lurker here.
Just got my order confirmation from newegg that my phone is going to ship in the next 48 hours.

I ordered from newegg 11/03

Thomas

Originally Posted by joshua.maverick View Post
I'm upset with Amazon.com and Nokia.

Damn them both to hell.
I'm giving Amazon till the 30th to start processing orders. But I have not been happy with the confusion they have been wrecking with their customer service.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...