Notices

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
Did you try --user in the systemctl command, as root?

The Following User Says Thank You to billranton For This Useful Post:
Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
Originally Posted by billranton View Post
Did you try --user in the systemctl command, as root?
That was it, thank you!

Code:
nemo ~ $ systemctl --user status rockpoold
rockpoold.service - Rockpool daemon for Pebble smartwatches
   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/user/rockpoold.service; disabled)
   Active: active (running) since Thu 2016-03-03 21:59:20 GMT; 29min ago
 Main PID: 1095 (invoker)
   CGroup: /user.slice/user-100000.slice/user@100000.service/rockpoold.service
           └─1095 /usr/bin/invoker -o --type=qt5 /usr/bin/rockpoold
Now all I need to do is generate some notifications!

Yes sorry, that's on the readme on github but I should have put it on Openrepos too.

Edit: it worked.

Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
Victory! Thank you so much for your hard work on this.

I'm trying to work out if I can send notifications with dbus, but I've not been able to so far. Should this work:

Code:
nemo ~ $ qdbus org.rockwork /org/rockwork/B0_B4_48_C6_10_B1 org.freedesktop.DBus.Peer.Ping
?

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
I actually liked that I could control the volume of my phone with Pebbled, even if there was NO music app running in the background. With RockPool, I can't
Will you guys please add it as an option when the GUI is ready...?

Edit: If you guys need to access the Pebble Store, just use this link:
https://apps.getpebble.com/en_US/wat..._settings=true

Edit2: Please make a new thread for RockPool, it will keep this thread clean.

Last edited by HtheB; 2016-03-04 at 06:39.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
I actually liked that I could control the volume of my phone with Pebbled, even if there was NO music app running in the background. With RockPool, I can't
Will you guys please add it as an option when the GUI is ready...?
That should work, and it worked when I just tested it. Are you on v2 or v3 firmware? Do you see anything in the journal? It should say:

watchfish::MusicController::setVolume:277 - Setting volume: 8

The music watch app is a bit annoying on v3 though. It only temporarily switches to the volume buttons, so if you're not quick enough it will flip back to the track control.

Edit: New thread is a good idea, although it's really the same lineage going all the way back to skipping stones...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abranson For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by abranson View Post
That should work, and it worked when I just tested it. Are you on v2 or v3 firmware? Do you see anything in the journal? It should say:

watchfish::MusicController::setVolume:277 - Setting volume: 8

The music watch app is a bit annoying on v3 though. It only temporarily switches to the volume buttons, so if you're not quick enough it will flip back to the track control.

Edit: New thread is a good idea, although it's really the same lineage going all the way back to skipping stones...
Pebble Time Steel, so v3.
Hmm, that's weird, it does seems to work now..

I can confirm the apps and watchfaces can be installed on the watch. Too bad the watch has no internet connection yet.

Edit: A feature that not everyone is familiar with: To avoid the annoying skipping thing when you just want to change volume: Just hold down the Next/Previous Track button. It will automatically change into Volume buttons
This way, you don't accidentally change tracks

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Pebble Time Steel, so v3.
Hmm, that's weird, it does seems to work now..
I copied the volume control code I wrote for pebbled over, which involved connecting to the pulse bus specifically for this. If it's possible that this connection could be broken or something while the daemon is running, then the volume would stop working. Did you ever see that happen in pebbled?

I can confirm the apps and watchfaces can be installed on the watch. Too bad the watch has no internet connection yet.
That should work. Which apps don't?

Edit: A feature that not everyone is familiar with: To avoid the annoying skipping thing when you just want to change volume: Just hold down the Next/Previous Track button. It will automatically change into Volume buttons
This way, you don't accidentally change tracks
Oh that's much easier. Ta!

The Following User Says Thank You to abranson For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Feathers McGraw View Post

I'm trying to work out if I can send notifications with dbus, but I've not been able to so far. Should this work:

Code:
nemo ~ $ qdbus org.rockwork /org/rockwork/B0_B4_48_C6_10_B1 org.freedesktop.DBus.Peer.Ping
?
Missed this sorry. I just managed to upgrade my firmware with:

Code:
qdbus org.rockwork /org/rockwork/B0_B4_48_80_B9_87 org.rockwork.Pebble.PerformFirmwareUpgrade
I don't think ping does anything, this one is a good test:

Code:
qdbus org.rockwork /org/rockwork/B0_B4_48_80_B9_87 org.rockwork.Pebble.RequestScreenshot

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to abranson For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by RobertMe View Post
Most of it actually isn't that hard and I based it on some code made by javispedro, which can be found here (the agendamanager files). But you'll also need to append a line to some permissions file of Sailfish, otherwise you can't open the sqlite database. How to do this can be found in the RPM spec file of the previously linked repo.
So I got everything working nicely, except that I was seeing events from all calendars, even disabled ones. I couldn't find anything in mKCal or the sqlite database to indicate which calendars were disabled. I decided to have a dig inside the Jolla calendar app to see how that did it, and found nemo-qml-plugin-calendar, which stores that and the calendar colours in a separate QSettings file in .config. I've added that directly to what I already had so I can now filter the evenrs, but should I have been using this plugin the whole time? mKCal is a little unpleasant, but at least it is available in the standard system, while it looks like it'll have to submodule the plugin if I want to use it.

Has anyone used it? Is it worth migrating over to it?

The Following User Says Thank You to abranson For This Useful Post:

Tags
pebble, pebble time, pebbled