Nokia should have gone with Android skinned like MeeGo..

A sufficient differentiating factor..something like what HTC does??

I am officially tired with these kind of threads now. Its ENOUGH PEOPLE..............

The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to somedude For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,161 | Thanked: 1,707 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Denmark
This is what happend up to @somedudes post.

He comes home from a hard days work. Makes himself a big strong black cup of coffee and sits in his favorite chair. Flips the laptop open and hits the TMO bookmark.
Scrolls the new posts and sees this new and not seen before thread, I must read it he thinks while sipping his coffee.
Reads the post again sipping his coffee and chokes on it when realising it's not a new and unseen thread.
He looks at the screen squinting his eyes and biting his teeth like only Dirty Harry can do (now also @somedude). Says do you feel lucky punk, but do to moderation he can't write it and couldn't live with a slap on the wrist by Reggie and ends up writing 'enough people' in capital letters while shouting faul langauge to the screen.

Regards Dousan...

My Søciety6:
http://society6.com/Dousan

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dousan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Originally Posted by Dousan View Post

He comes home from a hard days work. Makes himself a big strong black cup of coffee and sits in his favorite chair. Flips the laptop open and hits the TMO bookmark.
Scrolls the new posts and sees this new and not seen before thread, I must read it he thinks while sipping his coffee.
Reads the post again sipping his coffee and chokes on it when realising it's not a new and unseen thread.
He looks at the screen squinting his eyes and biting his teeth like only Dirty Harry can do (now also @somedude). Says do you feel lucky punk, but do to moderation he can't write it and couldn't live with a slap on the wrist by Reggie and ends up writing 'enough people' in capital letters while shouting faul langauge to the screen.

Regards Dousan...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bandora For This Useful Post:
Bringing reddit memoticons in is not gonna cut it. If you really look for a thread with elop/wphail/androidwasthesaviour kinda feel just use the search for 'elop', you'll find plenty of fun in:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...highlight=elop

They all a bit died down as WP is kicking iOS' *** in china it seems, and nokia stock got bit better, nothing to write in all of them currently, but you'll get some replies definitely

The Following User Says Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by Dousan View Post

Regards Dousan...

Or maybe he just came here to announce some nice application as developer or search for some useful info, but than he saw all those "make me sandwich...app" and "i bet you didn't think nokia should do" threads and says, meh i wouldn't post it here, they are too busy for that, look how they said molome is shitty while it actually supports harmattan, and they worth-ship instagram while it doesn't give a single f... about harmattan, why would i bother. And as well all search would let me for tons of nokia should, nokia would, or other silly threads, so i bet i wouldn't find anything.

And than less and less useful guys and devs getting here, less and less usefull posts.

While some people just bump up those threads and sometimes talking to themselves in threads, people who polite enuf and waiting for help in actually relevant threads, do not get any as their threads getting down and wiped out of Active topics, so they go to other forums and places, so all community is left is whining kids with "great ideas" those who know better than anyone else, but didn't try to do something useful. And more and more old community guys going away. And developing jut for themselves.

So yeah — maybe that's enuf?

Maybe less those threads and more developers can see competition thread where they benefit from donation and price and bring you apps you make thousand threads about? Maybe it would be fair that this polite @somedude that posted question and waiting for days without bumping would still have his thread in Active topics and would get help?

BTW somedude above referred to somebody, while actually @somedude made apps as for maemo and for meego, and i know he is active in maemo/meego russian community, than if you want him not to say anything and just piss off and leave, that community would still benefit from apps, while you wouldn't even know.

Last edited by ZogG; 2012-05-21 at 22:58.

Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
so all community is left is whining kids with "great ideas" those who know better than anyone else, but didn't try to do something useful. And more and more old community guys going away. And developing jut for themselves.

So yeah — maybe that's enuf?
I'll assume this is aimed at me... Yeah I'm new here and whine and bring up dead horses from time to time. Seeing how no new council candidate has anything refreshing/revolutionary/a vision to change how things are i will be throwing these ideas out. Ignore them pls if they seem childish to you. I'd much rather investigate possibility of a chinese 5000 pieces run of n950s than 20-40 in a competition that will just fragment this community further, moving Fremantle devs to Harmattan. This is not a great step for Fremantle users (except the few happy to have new exclusive device). While I still support the idea, it helps Nokia's potential future mostly and not this community

Originally Posted by ZogG
Maybe less those threads and more developers can see competition thread where they benefit from donation and price and bring you apps you make thousand threads about? Maybe it would be fair that this polite @somedude that posted question and waiting for days without bumping would still have his thread in Active topics and would get help?

BTW somedude above referred to somebody, while actually @somedude made apps as for maemo and for meego, and i know he is active in maemo/meego russian community, than if you want him not to say anything and just piss off and leave, that community would still benefit from apps, while you wouldn't even know.
I guess this is nomination for somedude. While I might be unaware currently of his contributions, the fact he is the leader (so to speak) of Russian maemo community speaks a lot. Would love to see more of you visiting this part of maemoworld. Chinese guys are having a very bad time sadly. Language barrier hinders code-exchange which should be independent from nation borders by definition

The Following User Says Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
I'll assume this is aimed at me... Yeah I'm new here and whine and bring up dead horses from time to time. Seeing how no new council candidate has anything refreshing/revolutionary/a vision to change how things are i will be throwing these ideas out. Ignore them pls if they seem childish to you. I'd much rather investigate possibility of a chinese 5000 pieces run of n950s than 20-40 in a competition that will just fragment this community further, moving Fremantle devs to Harmattan. This is not a great step for Fremantle users (except the few happy to have new exclusive device). While I still support the idea, it helps Nokia's potential future mostly and not this community

I guess this is nomination for somedude. While I might be unaware currently of his contributions, the fact he is the leader (so to speak) of Russian maemo community speaks a lot. Would love to see more of you visiting this part of maemoworld. Chinese guys are having a very bad time sadly. Language barrier hinders code-exchange which should be independent from nation borders by definition

I don't care how good or bad your ideas, i do believe everyone have right to tell their ideas, but the question is — place and time. You always can use search and write your opinion in relevant one (there are tens of similuar threads and over hundreds similuar posts here). But i think you should be smart enuf to understand that's this is community and not Nokia forum, and Nokia wouldn't give a f# what you write here, or you think you write idea here and tomorrow nokia would drop anything and change plans?

And about Council, it was unfair what you said, you and me do not know a lot of work council does, you are free to run your self in council if you think you better than them, but for now i know that site is still alive because of their work, s Nokia host it. I know that competitions are still made even after maemo and harmattan are discontiniued, as well as CSSU.

As well you could take part in open meetings and maillist and say your ideas there, you can make some changes. For now i see only a lot of noise with no profit, but even maybe harm (trashing forum).

You i hope understand that there are more users than devs and if everyone would say their idea there would be no place on forum, while you can just make something like application, port, development. You want android? Help with port. or buy android and help with harmattan skin on it.

And yes it's pitty but N900 getting old and there is nothing to do about it being less and less supported. No one can stop time.

And i was reffering to TS and not you btw, i don't know why you thought i was talking to you.

Btw if i write 1000000 threads about peace in the world, would it help and all the crimes would stop?

Last edited by ZogG; 2012-05-21 at 23:33.

The Following User Says Thank You to ZogG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
nokia just have to support meego and maemo properly, just saying

The Following User Says Thank You to ibrakalifa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
If someone thinks there are nothing but threads like this on this site, they need to improve their reading comprehension or seek therapy.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:

Tags
just shoot me, lumiaidiot