battery reporting done..and i tried but cudnt buy the scud because they dont supply in my country.i contacted the supplier

Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
it's showing a voltage of 4.086V and that is about 85-90%, i still think that it is the battery you bought that is "faulty", if your old battery did charge to 100% (4.200V-4.230V), and you have not installed any power kernel og someting like that since you used your old battery.

with my old battery i got a max of 96 percent and after discharging it.within few minutes on standby it used to come down to 93 percent. yes i had kernel power 47 installed.i am using karam's speed patch and battery patch. so does my battery information show that its fault.i hav contacted the man who sold me this battery. he sed that he will replace it with a stock one of 1320 mAh.what do you recommend.how to check it before buying it.

you can't check before buying, that's also why i made my thread.

It is normal not to get to 100% charge because the N900 stops at 4.200V and 100% is 4.230V, more info in my thread.

your battery info from your phone is not wrong, i of course only go by voltage, and the voltage you posted is correct for approx 85-90% charge.

Out of curiosity, can anyone link a decent desktop charger for the battery? I've tried finding one but all I can find are cheapo $3 ones, not sure of the quality of those.

I'm using one of those direct plugs for charging bl5j batteries and haven't noticed a problem so far.

Posts: 48 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Dublin, Ireland
Originally Posted by Tensuke View Post
Out of curiosity, can anyone link a decent desktop charger for the battery? I've tried finding one but all I can find are cheapo $3 ones, not sure of the quality of those.
You should PM dr_frost_dk... He is the battery expert around here.

Yes battery, i haven't been checking up on desk chargers, i usually make my own chargers for everything.

Originally Posted by dr_frost_dk View Post
you can't check before buying, that's also why i made my thread.

It is normal not to get to 100% charge because the N900 stops at 4.200V and 100% is 4.230V, more info in my thread.

your battery info from your phone is not wrong, i of course only go by voltage, and the voltage you posted is correct for approx 85-90% charge.
the voltage post is correct for the battery then y does it stop after 85 percent.is there any solution? by the way i have ordered a scud battery from Lucia Lui.will it solve all other problems?

Posts: 48 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Dublin, Ireland
Originally Posted by trisha02 View Post
the voltage post is correct for the battery then y does it stop after 85 percent.is there any solution? by the way i have ordered a scud battery from Lucia Lui.will it solve all other problems?
I don't think anyone here can tell the future, so you will have to wait and see if it works right or not.....

ps. I bought the scud battery about 1 month ago and it is working perfectly, and for me the percentage (after charging separately on an external socket charger) is 96-98% ... and I would also like to take this opportunity to thank dr_frost_dk for doing all the different battery tests for us! THANK YOU!!!

regards,
Csaba

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to csaba93 For This Useful Post: