Posts: 96 | Thanked: 105 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ Finland
Having a pre-release phone, I'm wondering, should I update to the new version available on NSU trough flashing or wait for updates to appear in the app manager ?
Anyone know what has been fixed, if anything?

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
That firmware (week 42 = mid October) seems awfully outdated, only a couple of weeks newer than the Summit firmware. If they were really fixing bugs found by Summit attendees, shouldn't the firmware revision number be higher?

I'm going to wait a few days and see if they update the site with newer firmware.

If not, oh well, I guess it took a month to make sure that the week 42 firmware was really shipping quality...?

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Could it be branch that started week 42? Feature freeze when branched and bug fixes only after that.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Hmm, this post suggests that it is the shipping firmware.

Ok then.

Correct.

1.2009.42.11 seems to be the latest on NSU.
If they already have shipped out the devices, this firmware will be the firmware they have.

Consider this firmware as the shipping firmware.

There is another one slightly newer but only for Germany.

I updated and i haven't found any big improvements yet. I would say that it's newer and more bug free. Nokia maps seems a little different but I haven't found any functional changes.

I'm only guessing Venomrush's post is correct because ragnar, a Maemo Devices employee, and someone directly involved with the project, thanked the post I linked to above, as well as another post saying the same thing.

Oh, and interesting, week 42 is the week after the Summit. The 11 is the revision number. So probably the 42 indicates feature freeze on Week 42, and 11 indicates that it took 11 revisions to get the bugs out.

Looking forward to getting this.

Originally Posted by koivjann View Post
I updated and i haven't found any big improvements yet. I would say that it's newer and more bug free. Nokia maps seems a little different but I haven't found any functional changes.
I would like to see an official changelogs with the bugs fixed reported at bugs.maemo.org

The Following User Says Thank You to Venomrush For This Useful Post:
Posts: 60 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Nomad
Is there a downloadable image to use with the linux flasher? I dont have any proprietary OS's to use NSU with....

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to realitygaps For This Useful Post:
Posts: 103 | Thanked: 157 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Jyväskylä, Finland
I have installed it also and only thing I have noticed is that clearing all information from the device seems to be quite difficult.

I tried to start with clean device but I couldn't found any way for doing that. '/home/user' and '/opt' seems to keep all information even after upgrade. Also setting device to factory defaults didn't do anything to that data.