you requested?
I sure did. So. now I am just waiting for that DVD to come in the door

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
great =) really need openkernel 1.2

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
great =) really need openkernel 1.2
Well, once the DVD arrive, i'll work on it. Also, I know the original patchers of pr1.1 requested a copy. I will happily upload it once it arrives, so more can start working
Will keep updated in this post!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
I will gladly host the original source on qole.org, plus any patched source/binaries.

I honestly don't understand the whole "source on a DVD" approach that Nokia is taking with Harmattan.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by qole View Post
I honestly don't understand the whole "source on a DVD" approach that Nokia is taking with Harmattan.
Yes, surely it would be less work for them to put the sources online somewhere rather than having to mail out DVDs.

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
But this way, they couldn't as easily track requests and delivery to whom

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Again: Why a DvD?
when they state they not store the information they could just upload it anywhere on the internet, since they don't care who gets it. Why the slowest possible way? anyway, It's better than nothing

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-03-02 at 14:18.

Stalling tactic or incompetence (don't know which would be worse frankly)? I suspect the DVD will contain the already available obsolete sources like last time too...

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
I'm really sorry you developers have to waste your valuable time and talents jumping through all these hoops. Your efforts significantly improve user experience, increase functionality and just plain make the N9 more fun to own. So while I can understand why a company may want to maintain some control over how their product is used, it seems like the bar is becoming higher and higher and at the cost of suppressing creative efforts. My guess it that will only get worse.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Not sure if this was brought up elsewhere: it seems to me that http://harmattan-dev.nokia.com/pool/harmattan-beta3/ already contains PR 1.2 SDK tools, no? For starters, the PR1.2 kernel build date (uname -v = "Thu Dec 22") was only 8 days after the last number of changes in the beta3 directory.

Tags
aegis, open kinda