Posts: 302 | Thanked: 193 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ England
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
And what if you loose it?
Well, nobody wants a loose N950. It's all about the tight models.
But seriously, the people who got them are probably going to cherish them (they didn't give them to just anyone) and the troubles and headaches they'd get with Nokia probably wouldn't be worth 100 euros.

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Why do you think someone who appreciate the device (which is the case for everyone who got it) would do something illegal to sell a priceless device effectively for about 100€? (according to your calculation: 500€ fee to Nokia, 600€ income = 100€ profit)

Posts: 528 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ MLB.AU
well theres better spec'ed phones now on the market... they wouldnt be worth that much and less as it gets older

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
Why do you think someone who appreciate the device (which is the case for everyone who got it) would do something illegal to sell a priceless device effectively for about 100€? (according to your calculation: 500€ fee to Nokia, 600€ income = 100€ profit)
It was just an example...

I'm pretty sure that someone will buy the phone even fror €800 - €1000.
Now lets recalculate it:
€500 fee to Nokia, €1000 income = €500 profit! yaay!

Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Do you really think that the guys at nokia are 24/7 checking out ebay?
The way eBay works, you don't have to. If you want to buy a Nokia N950, you can make and save a good search for it (limit it so you don't get battery chargers, cables etc) for the N950, and eBay will mail you when there's one available.

Posts: 405 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, UK
The best way for people on here to get one is put themselves on the "I'm going to write a cool app" waiting list with qgil.
I, for one, plan on returning my N950 once I've managed to run the gauntlet of actually sourcing an N9 at a decent price in the UK.
Partly because I want other people to have a chance to develop on one, and partly because I don't like having something which isn't technically mine and the niggling worry of theft/breakage.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vitaminj For This Useful Post: