Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
Twice already lost mobile network connection and had to re-airplane-mode it
No difference from Jolla 1, then.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
I remember I was complaining this issue about a year ago on Jolla 1, can't believe it is still there. Well done Jolla. I'm glad I didn't get the device.

The Following User Says Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Not really, last time had similar was 5-6 updates ago, the behaviour is more like the patch-bug from when events view was accessed from bottom-swipe.

Btw, asked Stskeeps about alien dalvik, looks like both the tablet and any future sfos phones should be getting android layer updates, only Jolla1 is stuck with the older version forever, didn't catch what exactly is the reason (don't have any BT LE device to test and for now keeping it clean, will see for how long it'll last)

The Following User Says Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
GPS does work. Tested it with maep. Jolla maps seems to be gone and is not available in the store.
Maps is not in the store yet, which seems to be a mistake. However you can still install it from terminal:
Code:
devel-su pkcon install sailfish-maps

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to speactra For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by speactra View Post
Maps is not in the store yet, which seems to be a mistake. However you can still install it from terminal:
Code:
devel-su pkcon install sailfish-maps
My bet is they are being dropped, kind of a useless licensing cost when here maps are for free and with off-line working nicely (and then there is already offline native option, even if a bit bare for now - osmscout)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Re: lost network. It happens to me all the time when the signal is less than perfect. Mobile or WiFi, does not matter. I had to turn the aeroplane mode on/off three times in less than two hours just yesterday at a public hotspot. Any way to force the reconnection works, it's just that the aeroplane toggle is usually the fastest. But sometimes I have to resort to more drastic measures, like restart network through Utilities or even a power cycle.

Re: maps. There must be something special about them because I read about problems with maps after every system update.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Just got an e-mail from community@jolla.com asking me to send them my phone number ASAP so they can send me the device (Jolla C).

So either it was a successful phishing attempt, or things are moving forward

EDIT: Looks like it was just a missing number in my order, so nothing conclusive about the shipment itself. Any activity is good, though.

Last edited by nodevel; 2016-06-21 at 12:44.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 259 | Thanked: 161 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Athens, GR
Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
Just got an e-mail from community@jolla.com asking me to send them my phone number ASAP so they can send me the device (Jolla C).
Could you possibly share when did you order it? I would like to have an estimation as to when I should receive this mail too

The Following User Says Thank You to gsalone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by gsalone View Post
Could you possibly share when did you order it? I would like to have an estimation as to when I should receive this mail too
I was in the first batch (1000) and ordered it in the first half an hour or so, if I remember correctly.

EDIT: Removed some info that's better not to share, as I did not ask for approval first. Sorry about it.

Last edited by nodevel; 2016-06-21 at 12:41.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Having two GB of RAM in the device is a huge improvement. Having 15 apps running right now, including an Android app, and several tabs open in the browser.

Also the browser appears to keep the opened tabs available and doesn't reload them again when selecting. This even works with resuming YouTube videos from where you left off.

The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla c, sailfish os