Active Topics

glad I caught your attention.

It is similar to this thing in the concept, but holds the N810.

I will take a picture tomorrow and will post it back here.

Posts: 833 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Based in the USA
In addition to many other uses I've posted - here's a new one-
nightstand flashlight.
I've gotten in the habit of reading before going to sleep, and put my NIT down on the nightstand. When I wake I tap the screen and instant low watt flashlight.

Posts: 631 | Thanked: 837 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Milton, Ontario, Canada
These threads are always fun... it's interesting to see how many more uses people come up with over time (I find there's a thread along these lines about once every 6-8 months).

Personally:
- Liqbase and/or browser for teaching notes. The school I teach has the instructor's PC hooked into the overhead projector with the display "cloned", so anything I have on screen is fully visible by the students at all times. Having my notes "in hand" and easily accessible in digital form is awesome
- MSN/Googletalk with built in client
- SIP calls (anyone else notice how awesome the "speakerphone" is on these tablets... even compared to most commercial SIP phones the echo cancellation is fantastic)
- SIP Video calls... yea the camera isn't great, but it's still pretty cool to do...
- Control of lighting and alarm system at my house
- Control of media player (MPD client) in my Jeep
- Telnet/ssh server and router maintenance
- Programming and control of embedded systems that my company deploys for customers at various job sites.
- Alarm clock
- Music player for my room/on the go
- Watching videos/listening to music while in flight/travelling
- And of course surfing the internet with a full browser.

Posts: 794 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ /Canada/Ontario/GTA
Originally Posted by gemniii42 View Post
In addition to many other uses I've posted - here's a new one-
nightstand flashlight.
I've gotten in the habit of reading before going to sleep, and put my NIT down on the nightstand. When I wake I tap the screen and instant low watt flashlight.
I also use it as a 'palm beacon' - ala ST:TNG. I hold it with touchscreen lit and pointing outwards on my way down the dark staircase in the morning at home.