Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
I'm all for evangelists, but do we really need "evangelists" here?
I think that Maemo like any other systems needs evangelists but also people which will complain by reporting bugs for changing and improving user interface, applications etc.

And thats what I plan to do.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Hrw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
The price for USA is $370.

If you live out of EU & USA please don't ask now the price in your currency. Instead, wait to be approved and see the price yourself in the Forum Nokia purchase tool.

If you have other questions about the program contact the email address indicated in the invitation. Thanks!

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 129 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Castello d'Argile (BO)
Originally Posted by Hrw View Post
I think that Maemo like any other systems needs evangelists but also people which will complain by reporting bugs for changing and improving user interface, applications etc.
And thats what I plan to do.
I even plan to switch carrier since mine doesn't offer a reasonable data plan, all in order to test all possible functions in a real setting.

Quim request this in another thread -- but it has bearing to those in this thread also. If you are developing something for Fremantle and you do not have access to any devices. Add yourself to this list.

http://wiki.maemo.org/Fremantle_Developer_Device_Queue

Nathan

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Nathan For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Quim request this in another thread -- but it has bearing to those in this thread also. If you are developing something for Fremantle and you do not have access to any devices. Add yourself to this list.

http://wiki.maemo.org/Fremantle_Developer_Device_Queue

Nathan
second entry added

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
I still haven't gotten my invitation despite having way higher karma than is needed to receive it.

Originally Posted by qgil View Post
After sending your email, Forum Nokia checks that the registration belongs to a maemo.org contributor in the list. If everything is correct then you will be able to proceed with the purchase. I guess the first approvals will arrive on Monday, but if not please give them time. I have no idea about their current availability of devices and whether they can satisfy the demand before sales start. Thank you for your patience.
Anyone received their "approval" from FN yet ? :-)

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
No approval yet.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
I still haven't gotten my invitation despite having way higher karma than is needed to receive it.
Canadians start out with -1000 Karma, so you needed 1200 Karma.

Sorry you only have earned 1104, maybe next year
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
Check the email address in your maemo.org profile. The invitation was sent to @newcon.org. I have forwarded to the other email address you seem to be using these days.

The Following User Says Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post: