Posts: 833 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Based in the USA
My n810 has been kind to me, however it's started to spontaneously reboot only while charging.

When plugged into the wall charger or the auto charger it will charge for a while then reboot. And reboot again, and again, etc. It does not seem time dependent and does not get moved or jiggled.

Is this just a symptom of an old battery?
PLEASE use the Wiki

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Finland
Originally Posted by gemniii42 View Post
My n810 has been kind to me, however it's started to spontaneously reboot only while charging.

When plugged into the wall charger or the auto charger it will charge for a while then reboot. And reboot again, and again, etc. It does not seem time dependent and does not get moved or jiggled.

At least my charging reboot cycle was fixed with a new battery.

See BME discussion in this thread:
talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=53204

Last edited by buurmas; 2010-05-27 at 02:06. Reason: Fixed link

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA

Yes it is.

SLN member # 009

Well I forked over the $9 for the battery from http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=200392285716.

Fit and charged fine, rec'd in about a week.
I charged it to 100%, fired off battery-status -d 5, it's been running about 6.5 hours and is down to 90.4% with light usage.
PLEASE use the Wiki

=[ This just started happening to me!

Reboots about 2-8 minutes in each time, I pulled the battery, still it rebooted (and VERY strangely it reboots back to OS rather than charging mini-OS while plugged in (and yes it's charging according to advanced power applet; and yes it's an official charger). Same issue in stock Diablo install (internal) and heavily-modified install (external)

*grumble* It really shoulda been designed to be dependent on battery while charging. *grumble*

Also I fully charged it last night, then I turned it on today while waiting in line, played Hex-a-hop for a few minutes and then locked the screen as I was called. 2 hours later I tried to unlock the screen then realized it had shut-off. =[

Old batteries, boo!

EDIT: it reboots even in "off"/charging mode!!!

I've made a shell script that runs and restarts BME, so at least the device doesn't get reset and can be charged. The problem is that after BME is restarted applications are unable to receive battery state changes, so they always show "charging". Does anyone know how BME sends those notifications and is it possible to regain them without restarting the device?
Well, yeah, I'm too lazy to buy a new battery for my n810, but it works acceptably with this one, so why not spend few hours hacking the device.

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 402 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Catalunya
Well I forked over the $9 for the battery from http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=200392285716.
Any particular reason for choosing that seller?
I see that he also has batteries for the n800 but it claims 1300mAh for them and has no recent feedback on that model.
Other sellers claim the same capacity as the original (1500mAh) and an other has a (very dubious) 1900mAh model, but I don't really believe any of those claims, but they actually have positive feedback on those items.

I had the same problem, my N810 kept on booting when the battery was on low charge and I plugged the charger in. Nokia even swapped the device to new one, but after all it was the battery that was pretty much dead. So I ordered Mugen Power 1800mAh -battery from Holland. Problem solved. The contact surfaces of the Mugen are deeper in than the original battery, which resulted contact errors (power cutting off), but I added a piece of cardboard between the N810 and the battery to push the contacts against each other. Now the battery won't even drop out easily if I remove the backcover

http://www.mugenpowerbatteries.info/...cts/HLI-BP4LSL

Originally Posted by luca View Post
Any particular reason for choosing that seller?
I see that he also has batteries for the n800 but it claims 1300mAh for them and has no recent feedback on that model.
Other sellers claim the same capacity as the original (1500mAh) and an other has a (very dubious) 1900mAh model, but I don't really believe any of those claims, but they actually have positive feedback on those items.
Reason - Based on a few recommendations here.

Run battery-status and reporting every 5 minutes with other light usage it lasts about a day. Just charging the battery with light usage it last about three days.

/edit - Just figured out that was with WiFi discover turned on at high power and it wouldn't link to my home net, thus is was constantly searching. I fixed that problem and turned the WiFi discover off and it's lasted 2.5 days and is only down to 67%.
PLEASE use the Wiki

Last edited by gemniii42; 2010-06-16 at 22:36. Reason: new data