Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
i would just like to have everyone's opinion on how they use their n900 besides its PHONE and internet tablet being.

as for me, the n900 is my media and gaming device, its not my main phone, just use it as a back up number in case people are unable to keep in touch with me through my main phone number, (its like less than a personal phone).

Posts: 235 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Costa Rica
Angry Birds !

Besides that, I'm one of those that like the n900 for the OpenSource philosophy, install things, test things, modify catorise menu using vim, etc.

In fact, I think that anyone that does not enjoy those things, and only want a good phone, the n900 it's not the choice.

The Following User Says Thank You to lsolano For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by lsolano View Post
Angry Birds !

Besides that, I'm one of those that like the n900 for the OpenSource philosophy, install things, test things, modify catorise menu using vim, etc.

In fact, I think that anyone that does not enjoy those things, and only want a good phone, the n900 it's not the choice.
oh yes, the Hacker Device what others call it,

i just downloaded a text that contains learning linux in 10mins, but it is taking me a week now,

Wow, I suddenly feel outside of the circle. I've just followed the N Series.
I'm hoping to learn something new, now. :P

Posts: 277 | Thanked: 348 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Fargo, North Dakota, USA
I bought it to learn Linux, hack the camera, and to have a phone. I haven't had a mobile phone since November of 2006.

T-mobile service is so bad that in my area, it's still like I don't have a phone.

The Following User Says Thank You to fake For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by fake View Post
I bought it to learn Linux, hack the camera, and to have a phone. I haven't had a mobile phone since November of 2006.

T-mobile service is so bad that in my area, it's still like I don't have a phone.
no new phones since 2006, well you are loyal

watching my huge list of MKV films with this beauty is main

The Following User Says Thank You to Mazi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 248 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Birmingham
Am I the only one that uses this for everything? lol

Camera, media player (music and film), office (emails + easy debian with apps), phone, sms, alarm clock, calender, msn, e-books, rss, podcasts, games (facebook, NES, master gear, gameboy, native), sporting ecoach, news feeds the list goes on and on and on.......

...... this device has replaced everything in one little compact package!!

The Following User Says Thank You to davedickson For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
watching my huge list of MKV films with this beauty is main
Does this thing play MKVs? Nice! I didnt know that!

I use mine for playing DJ Mixes from Panucci (so it resumes nicely) and watching TV shows on the train to work in the morning. Great device!

Originally Posted by davedickson View Post
Am I the only one that uses this for everything? lol

Camera, media player (music and film), office (emails + easy debian with apps), phone, sms, alarm clock, calender, msn, e-books, rss, podcasts, games (facebook, NES, master gear, gameboy, native), sporting ecoach, news feeds the list goes on and on and on.......

...... this device has replaced everything in one little compact package!!
LOL! Dont loose your device man!