Active Topics

Notices

I would like a full fledged app for Facebook for the N900. Just like the one iPhone has. I know we can browse the full Facebook website but it's not a very practical replacement for viewing facebook.

I know nothing about developing else I would've made it myself.

Please if someone can make one. Thanks.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RAZOR For This Useful Post:
Posts: 889 | Thanked: 537 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ scotland
i'm sorry, viewing facebook isn't a replacement for viewing facebook??? why do you want a diet app when you can get the full fat full flavour thing?

its a sad day when i can't slip at least one hitchhiker reference in somewhere.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to festivalnut For This Useful Post:
Posts: 74 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Oxford , England
Originally Posted by festivalnut View Post
i'm sorry, viewing facebook isn't a replacement for viewing facebook??? why do you want a diet app when you can get the full fat full flavour thing?
restrictive data allowances, wanting to check something really quickly etc.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jcm6084 For This Useful Post:
We keep hearing this each time someone suggests a facebook app. The answer has not changed.

People want to do things quickly and easily. I have not logged on to facebook for like 3 months because I cannot be bothered. But I use facebrick to quickly post status updates from time to time and look at some friend updates. Takes like 2 seconds. As opposed to loading the home page. Entering email address and password. Wait for page to load.

How about quickly checking out some pictures? How about quickly sending a message to a friend (the leaked Nokia meego video suggests this will be the case possibly)?

The purpose of the facebook app is to do in 5 seconds what using the browser will take a few minutes to achieve.

Try the iphone app and see. Of course apple haters and/or Nokia fans will say it is because the iphone broswer is rubbish. Well even if I was using the most amazing browser in the world I would still prefer to use a good quality app to save time.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to etuoyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 889 | Thanked: 537 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ scotland
i use facebook in my browser and really, it can all be done quick enough for me! theres plenty facebook apps in the repo's already which promise to do what you suggest (dont know if they work, haven't felt the need to try them) and even a status update / picture uploader widget in ovi store.

if the app stores the password for quicker entry, surely your not adverse to microB doing the same? i just tested and in 15 seconds i can go fron here to new window, bookmarks, facebook, ignore the top 3 most recent updates since they didn't interest me, and send a message. hardly minutes of wasted time.

its a sad day when i can't slip at least one hitchhiker reference in somewhere.

Originally Posted by RAZOR View Post
I would like a full fledged app for Facebook for the N900. Just like the one iPhone has. I know we can browse the full Facebook website but it's not a very practical replacement for viewing facebook.

I know nothing about developing else I would've made it myself.

Please if someone can make one. Thanks.
I support your request, the diference with an app and the web is that the app makes it faster because it will load less info than the web, (as iphone does) i know still is a lot of info, but it will make it faster, so i support ur request...

Last edited by CYPHERC; 2010-08-27 at 23:54.

The Following User Says Thank You to CYPHERC For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
there is app called facebrick

i use facebook in my browser and really, it can all be done quick enough for me! theres plenty facebook apps in the repo's already which promise to do what you suggest (dont know if they work, haven't felt the need to try them) and even a status update / picture uploader widget in ovi store.
ive only seen 2 facebook apps in repos,facebrick and the facebook widget

Posts: 87 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Southern California
I like the app on my N97 better than the iPhone one, at least in organization and form factor, etc... it just needs to be updated for Places and Notifications. Wrt the N900, touch.facebook.com is more suited to the N900... biggest problem the N900 has is that some of the links are too small and I hate the kinetics taking me past the page borders (left and right) and wish they could "lock."

Definitely for an N900 optimized app.

Originally Posted by jcm6084 View Post
restrictive data allowances, wanting to check something really quickly etc.
I don't see how much more data an app can save you over www.touch.facebook.com. About the only thing that site doesn't do is photo uploads and tagging (and the uploads you can do with the built in sharing functionality).

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Tags
bada rox, just shoot me