Posts: 136 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ SF East Bay, Cali
What wmurpht said, I too left AT&T a long time ago because of their ridiculous prices and lacking services. I've been a happy camper from the day I purchased my unlocked N900, walked into a T-Mobile store and walked out with all-you-can-eat talk/data/text without signing to a contract for far less than what AT&T could provide. If this sorry deal is approved, hopefully AT&T will continue to honor, but I have doubts they will. We shall see.

The Following User Says Thank You to JayBEE For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
Originally Posted by stlpaul View Post
I had Cingular, it turned into AT&T.
My wife had Centennial, it turned into AT&T.

We both switched to T-Mobile and now it is turning into AT&T. There is no escaping the evil empire.
damn it....stop switching companies, you are messing it up for the reest of us! :P

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ceroberts75 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by stlpaul View Post
I had Cingular, it turned into AT&T.
My wife had Centennial, it turned into AT&T.

We both switched to T-Mobile and now it is turning into AT&T. There is no escaping the evil empire.
Well, their corporate logo is the death star. That should have been a clue.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to j.s For This Useful Post:
Chances are there will be no 3g on N900 at all as ATT will likely be looking at using that spectrum for LTE

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
But AT&T says they're doing it to improve quality and coverage! They're a corporation! Corporations are ALWAYS about serving their customers, right? It can ONLY get better the more companies AT&T swallows up. If we're lucky, someday, they'll go back to the good ol' days of the old Bell logo and Bell Telephones name and ye old telephone books will come back into fashion too!

Ahhhh the good old days when government wasn't stepping on the neck of large corporations and harming the excellent service, support and cashflow opportunities that a proper monopoly afforded a successfully run company!
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

i guess i got my answer. at&t said they will not be using tmobile 3g towers, so all tmobile 3g will be no more!

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
My previous two providers that got bought out by AT&T only lasted about a year after the announcement. So at least hopefully our N900s will enjoy sweet 3G for another year.

The Following User Says Thank You to stlpaul For This Useful Post:
Hopefully this deal will at least improve ATT EDGE coverage, although with the upcoming 4G rollout EDGE may not be a top priority for them.

Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
I only use ATT because of my employer. I got a free phone and plan and use it with impunity. I would otherwise not use ATT

Posts: 61 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Dallas, Texas
Hopefully a proper successor to the n900 will be around by the time tmobile 3g is gone.

Tags
bada rox, love live att, wrong horse