Active Topics

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
ajalkane, i have a question. Why two conditions can't work together in one rule ?
For example i have battery level 0-30 and Idle 40min. tHe action is entering to PSM.
When my battery go to 30 and down it still not entering to PSM, I think it wait for the second condition (40min) for entering to PSM.

Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
ajalkane, i have a question. Why two conditions can't work together in one rule ?
For example i have battery level 0-30 and Idle 40min. tHe action is entering to PSM.
When my battery go to 30 and down it still not entering to PSM, I think it wait for the second condition (40min) for entering to PSM.
They do work together, but perhaps not how you think. The conditions are AND conditions, not OR conditions. So for your specific example, your rule will activate PSM when battery level is 30 or less AND device has been idle for 40 minutes.

If you want PSM to activate when either battery level is less than 30 OR you have been idle for 40 minutes, simply create two rules: one with battery level condition and the other with idle.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Thanks.. And yep I already did it

P.S. I updated a little my post.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Hmmm; its said imitation is the best form of flattery.

So, ajalkane you have inspired someone else already

But then as they also say the master always remains as such; yours still retains its numero uno ranking

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
No way that i will change profilematic to something else

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Hmmm; its said imitation is the best form of flattery.

So, ajalkane you have inspired someone else already

But then as they also say the master always remains as such; yours still retains its numero uno ranking
Thanks... although it'd be unfair to say Situations was inspired by ProfileMatic, as Situations existed on Symbian before ProfileMatic was even started . I have never used Situations myself, but I'm sure some stuff in ProfileMatic has been asked by users who have used Situations.

Anyway, I think it is nice that Pastilli Labs supports N9 finally. Still, in the spirit of this community, I urge everyone to use open source alternatives instead of proprietary software .

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Posts: 123 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Prague, Czech
Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
For example i have battery level 0-30 and Idle 40min. The action is entering to PSM.
BTW if you no need other 'AND condition' with battery level, simply set this in "Settings - Device - Battery - Power saving mode" => Auto and set level to 30% .. done.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kaacz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 123 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Prague, Czech
Hi,
i have one idea with question:
conditions: charged & on my wifiAP => action: enable DLNA sharing.
? how control on/off DLNA sharing ?

and one problem with Profilematic 1.9.1:
conditions: time weekdays, all 24hours & idle time 10 minut
action: PSM on, state return back after
- in weekdays, after idle, sets PSM on - OK
- when i use mobile (not in idle) PSM ended .. but then "flapped" on/off in loop for "idle time".

Originally Posted by Kaacz View Post
Hi,
i have one idea with question:
conditions: charged & on my wifiAP => action: enable DLNA sharing.
? how control on/off DLNA sharing ?
There is a gconf entry for DLNA that could be controlled with ProfileMatic's custom action like this:

Code:
# Sets off
gconftool -s /apps/Multimedia/dlna/power -t boolean false
# Sets on
gconftool -s /apps/Multimedia/dlna/power -t boolean true
Unfortunately it seems to require more to take effect. Probably some service needs to be restarted after the gconf change. If anyone knows the process name or the DLNA library used in N9, that could give more help figuring it out.

and one problem with Profilematic 1.9.1:
conditions: time weekdays, all 24hours & idle time 10 minut
action: PSM on, state return back after
- in weekdays, after idle, sets PSM on - OK
- when i use mobile (not in idle) PSM ended .. but then "flapped" on/off in loop for "idle time".
I remember reading someone else had similar flip/flopping problem with idle + power saving. Unfortunately I've never had such issue. So to figure out what's wrong, I'd need you to collect logs when that problem happens. Or you can wait until I release the next beta, the underlying implementation of idle condition will be quite different in that, so the problem might be away then.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Hi ajalkane,

regarding the DLNA questions, contact phako (http://talk.maemo.org/member.php?u=59947), author of the Helium DLNA controller. He also has an option in his app to autostart the DLNA server with his app and is involved a lot in N9 & DLNA stuff.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zappAtom For This Useful Post: