When I say casual I mean you bought it because you thought you couldn't live without, it looked awesome, and you figured wow a device smaller then my laptop that I can surf the net with, but then soon after acquiring said device you felt you really didn't need it. That is the boat I am now in. I have been longing for a quality but slick deal laptop for quite sometime, not having enough, i figure why not go for the n800 now I am hesitant on whether or not I should keep it. I have used it a few times, I find some sites absolutely refuse to cooperate with the device using the mozilla browser and i don't even know how to switch back because when i goto change the browser engine back to opera it just doesn't stay.

I don't store pictures on it, or music, i only have the 128mb card it came with right now. I bought it from Amazon and have 30 days to return it but a part of me thinks I should keep it because it will come in handy one day on trips and such but the other part says hey ***** 350 bucks for something you don't really use too much! Could have went towards a lappy.

Maybe I should have gotten in on the 150 dollar deal for the 770, but of course I have to have the latest and greatest, ho hum.

I've had mine for a month and a half, and I use it for almost all of my browsing at home. My laptop has been turned off for a couple days and I haven't even had an urge to turn it on. So, as a replacement for my internet browsing, the tablet has worked as advertised. I still hop on my desktop computer a couple times a week if there's something I couldn't get to on the N800 (Like Netflix "Watch Now" Movies).

Well I think anyone who is of the opinion that one "needs" this device has some priority issues. That said, I don't use mine incessantly but it has replaced my regular use of my laptop for mobile e-mail and internet stuff. Maemomapper is very convenient if you drive and travel.

The Following User Says Thank You to sondjata For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
I see mine as a laptop supplement, not direct replacement. I get the feeling you don't use yours for work, and in my case that would cut out over half of the usage.

Otherwise, where mine is "indispensable" is in my car. This sucker has proven to be a real lifesaver on the road. I don't need to carry a ton of maps and brochures and newspapers around when I travel; just fire up the N800, use my phone as a modem and google away. It's even helpful locally, if we're out and about and want to check movie times, restaurants, etc.

Mine is not a must-have, but it's not casual either. It's a device I've found to be extremely helpful when I don't want to lug a laptop or squint at a cell phone screen. I didn't pay for mine, but I would have, gladly.

Plus it helps pass the time if I'm waiting on someone (thank God for Aisleriot card games!)

The Following User Says Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
i purchased mine to keep my websites up and running incase they crash. i can also perform all the db cleaning if need be all via terminal. also, i like to keep track of my websites via google analytics. n800 perfect for doing that.

The Following User Says Thank You to bakerbaker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
It is slowly substituting my nokia 9500 communicator, so that I won't buy an e90. If only it had a decent pim...

The Following User Says Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:
Mine is sitting on my desk at home now. The cool factor has worn off. That and two wsod's this weekend has killed my enthusiasm for the device. The device itself is cool, the gui and lack of a real keyboard is killing it for me.

SEARCH! It's probably already been answered.

The Following User Says Thank You to barry99705 For This Useful Post:
Since the firmware update, my n800 sits at home. I used to use it to make videocalls to the PC at home, but now that feature has been removed.

I'm keeping it for about another month, if nothing is done, I'll sell it in Amazon marketplace or on ebay.

The Following User Says Thank You to TabulaRasa For This Useful Post:
I'm a casual user, I'm sitting heere in my underwear... It dosn't geet more casual than this.
My n800 has replaces my laptop almost commpleatly for web related activity; surfing, email, bloging, etc. Its A shame really, I have a $15.000 laptop that hasn't been out of it's bag for 2 months.. maybe I should sell it.

The Following User Says Thank You to grizwald For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
My Linux PC has gotten little use outside of serving media to my two Xboxes these days. My N800 has more or less taken over for all my daily use, even creeping into my work more and more. When I'm not directly using it, i'm listening to my music on it either from the cards or streamed.

It's really taken many aspects of my life and infinitely improved them while giving me the original reason I wanted it in the first place - mobile IM without a monthly contract.

I can barely imagine my life without it now.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post: