Any chance of getting this fixed before Christmas?

Originally Posted by Kein View Post
Any chance of getting this fixed before Christmas?
None. Even if a fix is found the developer will still have to submit to ovi store for approval which may take a few days provided it isn't kicked back for some pointless issue or other which has always been there and never mentioned before.

I would say let's hope for before New Year's day.

Last edited by SamGan; 2012-12-27 at 07:57.

Posts: 64 | Thanked: 130 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ San Francisco, CA
Originally Posted by SamGan View Post
None. Even if a fix is found the developer will still have to submit to ovi store for approval which may take a few days provided it isn't kicked back for some pointless issue or other has always been there and never mentioned before.

I just submitted v0.11 to the Nokia Store, which includes the following:
* Added Clear Cache Button
* Added Privacy Statement
* Added Trailer Workaround + Settings Option

The New Setting's Option allows you auto launch the youtube link when it gets the YouTube video; If this is not set and there is an error you will be prompted the error + be allowed to open the link via the web browser.

Hopefully v0.12 will include a youtube fix. Also at a later build the loading time to get the YouTube video will be removed.

Usually the turnaround time to get posted is 2-3 days, if it gets approved.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ikkysleepy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 58 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Moscow
Originally Posted by wout.martens View Post
Keeps on indexing the thumbs in my gallery so dont know whats wrong here...

Have updated to latest version but disnt solve the issue.
check your default folders

The Following User Says Thank You to Craig_Mabbitt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 649 | Thanked: 762 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
Originally Posted by ikkysleepy View Post
Originally Posted by SamGan
None. Even if a fix is found the developer will still have to submit to ovi store for approval which may take a few days provided it isn't kicked back for some pointless issue or other has always been there and never mentioned before.

I just submitted v0.11 to the Nokia Store, which includes the following:
* Added Clear Cache Button
* Added Privacy Statement
* Added Trailer Workaround + Settings Option

The New Setting's Option allows you auto launch the youtube link when it gets the YouTube video; If this is not set and there is an error you will be prompted the error + be allowed to open the link via the web browser.

Hopefully v0.12 will include a youtube fix. Also at a later build the loading time to get the YouTube video will be removed.

Usually the turnaround time to get posted is 2-3 days, if it gets approved.
Just updated to the newest version. Thanks for the temporary fix. I can't wait to have trailers launch automatically again without having to launch the , but for the time being, this is great. Thanks for all of your hard work.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imaginaryenemy For This Useful Post:
Installed Pop Flix 0.11 but it is a stop gap measure at best. The trailer plays in the browser at small size and low resolution. Hope the youtube problem can be fixed soon and we can have the same video quality as before.

Installed Pop Flix 0.11 but it is a stop gap measure at best. The trailer plays in the browser at small size and low resolution. Hope the youtube problem can be fixed soon and we can have the same video quality as before.
Wow, show a little appreciation. First, the developer quickly responded--during the holidays--to address a situation to provide us a nice stop-gap measure. Second, resolution is adjustable in the settings menu, which I assume you haven't seen or used, as it allows 360p and 480p. Thirdly, there are already plans for a more complete fix of the issue, mentioned only a few posts above yours.

So, maybe a simple "thank you" is more in order.

Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
Wow, show a little appreciation. First, the developer quickly responded--during the holidays--to address a situation to provide us a nice stop-gap measure. Second, resolution is adjustable in the settings menu, which I assume you haven't seen or used, as it allows 360p and 480p. Thirdly, there are already plans for a more complete fix of the issue, mentioned only a few posts above yours.

So, maybe a simple "thank you" is more in order.
The resolution adjustment does not affect the browser based trailer which I assume you haven't tried. This stop gap measure is not ideal and I'm providing feedback to the developer so what's your beef? If nobody comments the developer may think everything is satisfactory and not proceed further.

Last edited by Kein; 2012-12-28 at 11:43.

The resolution adjustment does not affect the browser based trailer which I assume you haven't tried. This stop gap measure is not ideal and I'm providing feedback to the developer so what's your beef? If nobody comments the developer may think everything is satisfactory and not proceed further.
First, your claim that, "the developer may think everything is satisfactory and not proceed further" is nonsense because the dev's post, which was only a couple posts above your complaint clearly describes that another version is coming--proving that he knew of the issue and was acting to address it. Did you read his post? Oh, yeah, the part about version 0.12 and the plan to hopefully fix the Youtube feature even better.

Second, the browser based trailer plays with High Quality "HQ" on the Youtube page, which is superior to the mobile resolution that was originally used in this app and which provides a picture quality that is about the best I've seen on my N9. I know because I have tried it, and I've tried the post-fix Cutetube solution--all of which produce a very similar high-quality picture on my device. At least more than adequate for a couple 2 minute movie clips.

While I appreciate that you edited your post to tone it down, only beef is that I found your unedited post rude and unsupportive. I'm sorry if I misinterpreted your posts, but I think we should be actually helpful in this community, to users and devs alike.

The developer said "Hopefully v0.12 will include a youtube fix." Which part of this you don't understand? It doesn't mean it is coming for sure. You have interpreted a hopeful statement as a sure thing. I take it to mean that it will depend on the effort required and the demand for it. If users are satisfied with this stop gap measure there is no need to expend too much effort to find a fix.

I see no reason to jump on me for giving polite feedback to the developer. There was nothing in my original post to incite a normal person.

Edit: Trailer quality depends on default browser set. Both Opera Mobile and Firefox gives small screen and low resolution, not adjustable. The N9 browser tries to play in HD but usually fails 4 out of 5 times with an error message.

Last edited by Kein; 2012-12-28 at 13:49.