Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Yo Dave, you da man. I like your attitude. My day may last only a.....day??

We will see....

Originally Posted by szopin View Post
You don't need monthly/weekly/daily data. You just need to analyze available data unbiased, unlike TA. His reading of Q data is to support his vision of triumphant Symbian. Good for him. Just checked, leak was on Friday 4th of Feb, you're right, not half of Feb, the press release was 8th/9th as the damage was already done by the leak. Now, if Tomi's reading with comprehension, with constant steady growth in sales (the super growth theory) 2/3 of a Q would account for a drop in growth. His interpretation would need some below zero sales.
You're not taking into account seasonality (I would expect Q4 figures to be higher than the following Q1 because of Xmas) and the likely impact of the closing of the Symbian Foundation in the middle of Q4, carriers and retailers already smelling something is in the air. I don't know what NOKIA's lead time is to carriers/retailers but it wouldn't surprise me if this was actually the initial trigger for orders drying up rather than the memo. If you're not in business you might be surprised how closely companies monitor the activities of their major suppliers.

You are extrapolating the growth in Q4 over the first month of Q1 so that you can say we couldn't possibly have seen such a rate of decline in month 2 and month 3 but I wouldn't see that as a likely scenario anyway, I would not expect to see a straight line of growth from Q4 carrying on through January. I would only expect January to outperform December if Xmas didn't go so well and there was a lot of excess inventory to be disposed of at a discount (many retailers only make a profit in the four weeks before Xmas).

It's ironic you accuse TA of biased analysis whilst relying on a speculative assumption to try and prove your own point.

I don't know if uninterrupted straight line growth is what TA would have expected to see, you seem much more interested in his opinions than I am. I think you'll find I didn't quote opinions or forecasts from his blog, just the facts. Any opinions I express will be my own.

Yeah, second to something that was 3 times younger, see a problem with that?
But bigger than Android's which has now become the primary platform and much bigger than Windows Phone's which is what replaced it. Comparing Ovi to Apple's app store is a red herring, NOKIA did not adopt iOS.

Why haven't you directly addressed the issue of NOKIA exclusively adopting Windows Phone?

Yeah, sold out in 2hrs is astroturfing...
Unless we know how many they had to sell it means very little.

Originally Posted by switch-hitter View Post
You're not taking into account seasonality (I would expect Q4 figures to be higher than the following Q1 because of Xmas) and the likely impact of the closing of the Symbian Foundation in the middle of Q4, carriers and retailers already smelling something is in the air. I don't know what NOKIA's lead time is to carriers/retailers but it wouldn't surprise me if this was actually the initial trigger for orders drying up rather than the memo. If you're not in business you might be surprised how closely companies monitor the activities of their major suppliers.

You are extrapolating the growth in Q4 over the first month of Q1 so that you can say we couldn't possibly have seen such a rate of decline in month 2 and month 3 but I wouldn't see that as a likely scenario anyway, I would not expect to see a straight line of growth from Q4 carrying on through January. I would only expect January to outperform December if Xmas didn't go so well and there was a lot of excess inventory to be disposed of at a discount (many retailers only make a profit in the four weeks before Xmas).

It's ironic you accuse TA of biased analysis whilst relying on a speculative assumption to try and prove your own point.

I don't know if uninterrupted straight line growth is what TA would have expected to see, you seem much more interested in his opinions than I am. I think you'll find I didn't quote opinions or forecasts from his blog, just the facts. Any opinions I express will be my own.

But bigger than Android's which has now become the primary platform and much bigger than Windows Phone's which is what replaced it. Comparing Ovi to Apple's app store is a red herring, NOKIA did not adopt iOS.

Why haven't you directly addressed the issue of NOKIA exclusively adopting Windows Phone?

Unless we know how many they had to sell it means very little.
You keep perseverating on a lost platform. Were you fired from Symbian? Did you not see the writing on the wall and didnt jump the ship on time? Were you myopic in your vision?

Then blame pre-Elop NOKIA and their complacency. They just screwed up and did it big.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Very well done by nokia! I can already hear Elops speach at MWC Lumia this, Lumia that, trancistion, we not there yet...inovation and ecosystem

Where is Lumiaman? I wan't to celebrate with him
Just a few more:
s/speach/speech/
s/trancistion/transition/
s/inovation/innovation/

I want to trade all my thanks to the moderater who catch Lumiaman and daperl and but them in the same thread for a week, no interference by others. I think they have to beef it out.
I've never heard the expression 'beef it out'.. and it sounds vaguely hilarious.

Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
You keep perseverating on a lost platform.
He wasn't talking about Windows Phone.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Thank you.

Beef it out was created by me and I'm positive you can find it in the latest books about English next year.

And it comes from operation beef it out.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2013-01-11 at 09:14.

Thank you.

Beef it out was created by me and I'm positive you can find it in the latest books about English next year.

And I comes from operation beef it out.
Wow. This sobered me up.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Wow. This sobered me up.
That is great too. whats your poison?

By the way? Can we merge the to lets talk stock threads. I see no reason to have two?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

That is great too. whats your poison?

By the way? Can we merge the to lets talk stock threads. I see no reason to have two?
The moderators would have to beef it out. Since one of them closed that thread and others are letting this one live on.

All the time Specc and Lumiaman are jousting in here it keeps them occupied and out of mischief elsewhere.

rgds

Go Nokia!!! Another 6% up!

Tags
bring me beer, downward spiral, elop is nero, let's talk bs, lumiadickweed, lumiatard, nero fiddling, nokia bears, nokiastockrock, thanks for asha