Notices

Posts: 204 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Rochdale UK
While in the car and i have the FM Xmitter on if i connect the in car charger it tells me that i cannot run the Xmitter while a usb device is connected....

WHY !!!!

Thats daft... long journey i need to charge and i want to use the device to play mp3s / videos in the car and then i can't charge the device while doing it - makes problems for me.

Any work around to this ?

Please follow me on Twitter

www.twitter.com/marcdixon

I suppose http://jacekowski.org/Maemo/FMTXD may help.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jacekowski For This Useful Post:
Im guessing, but i think its to do with the power regulator in car chargers. Mine still lets me activate the fm tx, but signal drops right off when you activate charging.

My solution was to buy an ext battery (APC upb10) and use that for charging, with a stereo jack to rca from phone to the back of my car stereo. (ext battery because i found if you charge whilst stereo jack plugged into car system, you get a weird high pitch earth loop noise. Aternatively, a line isolator would probably fix this.)

The Following User Says Thank You to jabawok For This Useful Post:
I had this problem also. When using fm transmitter with boost, the boost was deactivated when connecting the car charger. The fix for me was to connect the charger first and then start the FM transmitter with boost.

Now I can load and listen music at the same time in my car.

It has nothing to do with power regulators in car chargers - it's design of fmtxd to reduce power or disable transmitter depending on usb cable/charger/headphones state

The Following User Says Thank You to jacekowski For This Useful Post: