Posts: 17 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Norway
Could someone who already did the research please summarize the differences between pecan, haze and butterfly? I'm not sure if there is any reason to choose one or if they are all more or less the same. I only use MSN and Skype so support for other protocols are not significant.

thanks, tgrim!

just get pecan for msn, others come with other services that you not use

The Following User Says Thank You to Ronaldo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 17 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Norway
In other words no noteworthy differences? Not one who can send files or use voice/video chat?? remember I read someone stating pecan used more battery; but don't know if that was true?

--
tgrim

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Oxford , England
If anything i think it is pecan that uses the least battery i think.

I too questioned this when i was looking for a MSN client. I blindly chose Haze. It works.... but i have to say i was not exactly happy it synced me up with anyone that had a hotmail account i know and created 50+ new contacts that i dont give a fuk about.. and everyday i get a few MSN new user authorizations requests from people i dont know. Its getting kinda annoying!

I have looked to ry and uninstall it but its not in my normal app location. Anyone know what i need to do to uninstall?

cesarcesar
i got haze as part of some pidgin extra protocols package when i installed twitter support i think. maybe you have the same deal?
haze stopped working for me so i added pecan which is fine - but as you may have noticed pecan grabs all those useless contacts also and you have to merge (your important) contacts all over again because there is no ONE msn acct field in contacts. yeah bit of a trainwreck.

ok it was Pecan i downloaded now that i remember better. yes Haze was from Pidgen which i deleted as well. yes a huge train wreck!

i use Pecan, haze gave me problems.

Pecan here too.

Both Haze and Butterfly caused me problems sometimes, but not Pecan.

butterfly works well but has bugs. If you leave it connected, it will fail in a couple of hours with a "network error" message, and you need to reboot